A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Is this reason enough to never visit a shop again?

Post 21

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Do it!

Post 22

Icy North

Welcome Facebook coffee fans! Now, if you'd like to write about your high street beverage experiences for the Edited Guide or the h2g2 Post, we'd be delighted to hear from you... smiley - smiley

Post 23

Pink Paisley

Facebook is a bit impersonal isn't it? And to the outsider (I don't FB but hear enough irritation expressed by friends who are FB users) it can all seem a bit passive-aggressive.

If I were a coffee shop owner, I be more likely to respond personally to a face walking into my shop.

PP.

Post 24

Hoovooloo

The modern method of complaint would be to go back to the shop, making sure the lady whose bad service was a problem was on duty, and confront her. Ideally, make sure the confrontation is being videoed, not just by you but by someone else. Be sure to hold your phone so that the picture is in portrait mode, it's much better that way. Then when you've had a row and established that you're the injured party, find out the name of the woman (she's probably got a name badge) and post that, and the name and address of the shop, under the video on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Whatsapp and whatever else the Young People are using nowadays. You'll find in no time at all that the lady in question will be deluged from all sides by helpful suggestions about how she might improve her customer service... or possibly rape and death threats, but you can't make an omelette etc.

Post 25

Icy North

smiley - laugh

Post 26

Maybe she can't make an omelette either, which is why she works at a coffee counter. smiley - smiley

Post 27

Hoovooloo

For an excellent example of the sort of thing I'm talking about, google "Sarah Duncan knitwear".

Post 28

smiley - run

smiley - nur

http://www.thelastditch.org/2012/01/stick-to-your-knitting-madam.html

smiley - yikes

The woman who runs that store is a real knitwit!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more