A Conversation for Ask h2g2

advice on 'bisuness casual' attire... and other clothing concersns....

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

OK. so.... I assume 'bisuness casual' is the USA version of 'smart casual' (UK)?
OK, so for a guy thats trousers (probably not jeans), and a shirt, not a tee shirt, and probably no tie smiley - yuksmiley - erm
so. smiley - drumroll what the smiley - bleep do I wear for 'smart casual' or 'bisuness casual' 'dress' for a transvestite? smiley - erm - off to a patient conference thinggy, in Germany, but its partialy organised by a US firm, so I assume its perhaps less German, than it is US-orientated err, if that makes sense.... - I'm guessing my leopard print tights and dress won't quite be the right attire.... smiley - alienfrownsmiley - doh

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I recommend a pants suit.

Post 3

Pink Paisley

I recommend not going.

PP.

Post 4

Icy North

A Geordie boss I once had tried to explain business casual to the team as "dress pants".

We all looked at each other in confusion, until someone asked, "Is that dress *and* pants?"

So for Germany I recommend dress *and* pants. smiley - smiley

Post 5

I'm going for their* benifit, f not for my own.... (I think I accidentially signed up to be a medical guinnie pig) smiley - yikes - I'll just wear comfy stuff.... maybe the crazy frog leggings... or the ones with the rainbows and unicorns on... and perhaps a more subdued dress... maybe the dark brown velvet one as that goes nicely with my pearls smiley - diva and boots, because you can't go wrong with black boots smiley - evilgrin one corset oughta be enough for a two day trip? and just one pair of heels for clubbing after the conference ends smiley - discosmiley - divasmiley - run I'm not exactly well-known for trying to comform anyhow, they oughta have realised that by now smiley - whistlesmiley - nursesmiley - vampiresmiley - doctorsmiley - scientistsmiley - badgersmiley - frog

Post 6

Pink Paisley

Yep. Business casual. That ought to do it 2L.

PP.

Post 7

smiley - cool mind at the moment, thanks to a non-functional joint transport system in the UK, and the TFL website refusing to admit the existance of a tube I know I've tkaen before, I currently can't find a single way that will get from Kings X to terminal 5, so smiley - huh making me ill now, trying to find the trnsport links...

Post 8

Pink Paisley

Piccalilli line?

PP.

Post 9

Yes. and its taken over three hours to get the TFL website to give me information that the line exists, is running MOnday, and the times o fthe tube. fabulus. the* transport website, for our capital city, and it is so full of gramatical errors, words running one into the other with no spacing, as to render virtually all the information on it, utterly useless. I'm starting to hope we get well and truely screwed by the leaving Euope thing, we deserve it.

Key: Complain about this post