A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 1

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

and high tiny pony tails that so many young men are sporting these days in the UK? Where the hell did that come from?smiley - erm

smiley - tea

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

I like it.
however especially in summer, keeping your hair off your neck helps keep you a bit cooler

I take it you don't follow #ManBunMonday on Twitter or Instagram? smiley - rofl

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 3

Bald Bloke

Wish I still had enough hair to do either...
It's sun hat Sunday here.

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I associate it with bikers and the counterculture. Some cultures [Sikhs, for instance] frown on the idea of men cutting their hair at all. I imagine that those turbans are there to hide the piled-up hair that results.

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 5

Pink Paisley

SI. I found myself asking the same question just a couple of days ago.

And then I remembered that back in the 80's I had a ponytail (in the standard location.

What a smiley - tit I must have looked.

PP.

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 6

Pink Paisley

Of course, the benefit of having it in the standard location is that you never get to see it in a mirror......

PP.

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 7

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

I can't get on with twitter..too many twits. and can't see the point of instagram.It is just another social media trap..I have enough issues with FB and life is too short to add another..

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 8

bobstafford

Sikh and ye shall find -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084923/The-touching-moment-Sikh-man-breaks-strict-religious-protocol-removes-turban-help-save-life-five-year-old-boy-seriously-injured-hit-car.html

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 9

Not that sort of bun. The style I'm talking about is being sported by young men who are clearly not Sikhs.

smiley - smiley

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 10

Sho - employed again!

here's one

http://www.hercampus.com/sites/default/files/2014/11/19/de238c67ff1046be1ba6064a6304494a_650x_3.jpg

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 11

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I've noticed that a number of men who work in restaurants or fast food outlets have buns which fit neatly under the hats that they are required to wear. They can let their hair down after hours, but it is easily hidden on work time.

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 12

Sho - employed again!

I think that's not the man-bun hairstyles the OP was asking about.

It's a fashion thing. Dare I say it, probably a hipster thing. Anyone with long hair who has to put it up for work probably doesn't qualify.

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 13

Maria

yes, it´s a hipster fashion thing. young spaniards wear it too.

and bear, and big glasses... tatoos, colorful clothes or very plain clothes... couldn´t say accurately what is the hipster kit for self-decoration.

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 14

Spot on..
smiley - winkeye

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 15

Maria

I think he´s a good specimensmiley - biggrin

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 16

Sho - employed again!

I like it.

Saw a lovely guy on the train the other day with a man bun, beautifully sculpted beard, and a mid-calf length kilt and docs with fallen-down chunky socks. smiley - chef was there to stop me smiley - drool too much though smiley - rofl

Why Man bun hair styles

Post 17

Maria

smiley - biggrinnice picture!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more