A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Researchers Reunited and Prodigal Posters - look who's back!

Post 61

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I'm sure Isaid I'd help out with mod duties too, but I'm still trying to catch up with life the universe and a broken PC since getting home WEdnesday just gone... I may be nearing 'normality', or what passes for 'normality' in my strange universe, as lodger appears to have just fitted the new PSU to my PC smiley - magic can we say muff? or ... naa Ibest behave... smiley - blushsmiley - angel (I remember looking at the list of words on the filter, when we were in the foop, and testing thigns on the test server, and there are soem pretty strange words in it, and soem pretty strange abscent words too smiley - weird so I must behave... honnest ) smiley - droolsmiley - angelsmiley - handbagsmiley - handcuffssmiley - pony

Post 62

AlsoRan83

Hi 2 legs. How are you.

Great to see your name again..

alsoRan80
Christiane

Monday 24th October 2011 1646 GMT

Post 63

HercMan

smiley - run Hi - 'tis I! Returning after a flick round the galaxy! Travelling on a Silver Dream Machine these days and loving it! Shall have to pop in again on my occasional dockings! smiley - run

Post 64

hellboundforjoy

I'm here. This is Hellboundforjoy tho it says I'm shelbing. Don't know why I can't get it to say the name I told it to say, but no matter. I've been gone for a while. Facebook, Twitter et. al. had my attention, but I'm back to see what's going on here in the new space. smiley - smiley

Post 65

NexusSeven

I'm not here.

Post 66

lapislazuli

Hello all!
I made it back too and it's nice to be in this familiar orbit again.
Hope to see some of you back on the threads soon.
smiley - ok
Lapislazuli

Post 67

Aurora

Great to see you all too! Glad to see this site alive and well, and hopefully thriving even more soon!
Big smiley - cheers to everyone.
Let's keep the smiley - magic sparkling!
Aurora smiley - smiley

Post 68

Jim Lynn

I'm back now.

Jim (who really did know this place when it was all fields)

Post 69

aka Bel - A87832164

That's so cool. smiley - biggrin

Post 70

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Yay! Jim's back!

smiley - magic

Post 71

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Hey, Jim, delighted you made it. smiley - biggrin

Welcome back, everyone! It's like Old Home Week, as they say where I come from. smiley - somersault

Post 72

childoftheseventies2

I was away getting totally obsessed with Doctor Who (Yep, geeky Whovian and proud of it!)
smiley - cheers
Childoftheseventies2
(P.S. I also have a life outside Who.. Honest!)

Post 73

Darth Zaphod

Holy damn.

I haven't hootoo'ed since...early college? High school? I used to write loads for The Post and ran the Random Quotes Guild. Then I started grad school (MA and PhD) and sort of fell off the planet, so to speak...

It's nice to peruse my old page again. To add members to the RQG again. Hi, h2g2. I've missed you. My 16 year old self misses you. Almost ten years on, that's a hell of a long time.

Darth Zaphodsmiley - planet

Post 74

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

...a boxcar-sized, blue (somewhat older and arthritic) dragon slowly soars over H2G2, looking over the countryside for familiar landmarks. Seeing a few vaguely recognizable outlines, she banks and turns, coming gracefully to *Ooof, THUD* rest.
*mutters* thought dragons aged more slowly...

Well now I know something of how Arthur Dent must have felt. That constant feeling of disorientation; experiencing new things that seem vaguely familiar, and old things that do not seem familiar at all.

Anyway, Hullo, Hullo! I'm here (more or less). And it looks as if maybe some of my luggage came along with me. My crown seems to be intact, although I think I have lost most of my subjects, and my country. But that's only to be expected when you leave a castle and subjects unattended for 10 years or so.

I think the crown lands of Damogran have experienced a democratic revolution, and I gracefully relinquish my crown, scepter, and all trappings of royalty. I however retain rights to my supply of liquid refreshments, which will, of course, be shared/distributed freely and liberally.
*Tea? Lemonade? Something stronger? Please help yourself*

Due to increasing age and infirmity, my visits to H2G2/Damogran will be infrequent, but I still carry you all, (Spiny, nonny, greebo and the rest) in my heart. Right next to DNA (and my towel).

See you all on Towel Day, if not before!

Most fondly,
bludragon, aka the dragon queen of Damogran
remembering when it was all fields here

Post 75

RobinP

Wow! it's still here, amazing, so having done the transfer thingy I suppose I should say that I'm back..... I usually come back once a year or less so I guess as a "Researcher" I'd starve to death.
Is there a page for the occasional "toe dipper"? smiley - winkeye

Post 76

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Your subjects have not forgotten you, Bludragon. Are you still up the yomp?

Post 77

Spaghetti14

Wow! I signed up here about 4 years ago and just kind of left, not really knowing what to do. Seeing the replies to this, the community you guys seem to have is really touching and I was wondering if you just kind of see each other around the forums, or have an IRC room or something. Basically, I'm being that guy that's like "HEY, CAN I BE YOUR FRIEND TOO?"

Post 78

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Of course! Stay, Play, and Creay(te) (blast, that was a poor rhyme. Sorry about that)

smiley - towel

Post 79

egon

I never really left, but i've been a lurker for quite a while. And didn't really get outside of the atelier and journal entries. Since the relaunch, I've ventured out into the wider world of h2g2 and re-engaged somewhat.

Post 80

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Click all those links on the Front Page (and in the Post). Lots of places to meet up. smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post