A Conversation for Ask h2g2

I was in the mood....

Post 301

Lenea

Santana -Supernatural.....

A little off beat for me *shrug*...oh well....

the flip side...

Post 302

Phil

If you're online the BBC will be webcasting the concert (try http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3 (or radio2)).
As they say it's not finished till the amply proportioned female has vocalised with the orchestra, you'd better be quick as she's on the platform smiley - winkeye

the flip side...

Post 303

Trillian's child

Hey thanks - that is great. Can you listen to Radio 4 online too?

At the moment they're doing a very complicated take-off of Gilbert and Sullivan.

the flip side...

Post 304

Phil

I think you can get all of the BBC radio channels (1, 2, 3, 4 and 5), and the world service over the net. try www.bbc.co.uk/radio(number) and see if they offer a link to streaming audio.
I know they broadcast on satelite the radio channels.

The gilbert and sullivan thing was good as part of the speech.

the flip side...

Post 305

james

stars end ***********************************http://www.xpn.org ****** synthetic block ,my public radio********************************

Post 306

james

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Aqua

Post 307

Kobolt - aka 'I didn't fail, I found 5000 ways that don't work'

Aqua, we belong to the sea, anyone else like that?

Aqua

Post 308

Shergar

Pink Floyd - 'Pulse'smiley - smiley

NOT Aqua

Post 309

Phil

The compact guide to pop music and space travel, CBX!

Those were my salad days...

Post 310

$u$

Hi Shergar.smiley - smiley I've got that one too. Like 'Division Bell' best (well, I would wouldn't I!)

But right now I'm listening to Spandau Ballet's 'Through The Barricades'. Did anyone see that program about them on (UK) TV the other night? Made me come over all nostalgic.smiley - smiley Had to dig out the old cassettes and *gulp* records! And find a record player!! And borrow Duran Duran's 'Greatest' from the library!!! *oh the shame*

Actually, the album sounds really good still. Not really dated like I'd expected. Or am I just ageing?smiley - bigeyes

Still, with a cover of another eighties track *I've got the originalsmiley - winkeye* at number one, looks like the seventies revival could be giving way to an eighties one.smiley - bigeyes

~A~

Those were my salad days...

Post 311

$u$

And now I'm enjoying their 'twelve inches'.smiley - smiley

~A~

the flip side...

Post 312

shrinkwrapped

This is odd. I just popped on here to say I'm not actually listening to music, but "Just A Minute" the panel game on BBC Radio 4... over the internet via the BBC's website. Brilliant.

the flip side...

Post 313

Marvinia Paranoia

Listening to Van Morrison. New to H2G2 and have some questions. Care to chat?

the flip side...

Post 314

shrinkwrapped

Sure. Any questions?

the flip side...

Post 315

$u$

What's odd Mr T?

Hi 152113. Welcome to h2g2. What's troubling you? Is it musically related, or should we adjourn elsewhere? I have a very nice couch in the h2g2 Addiction Clinic...smiley - bigeyes

~A~

Absolutely nothing...at this moment....

Post 316

ParacleteRoad

I am listening to absolutely nothing at this moment...but silence. It is early morning, and the television is on with the sound off. Babar flashes on the screen, when I inadvertantly glaces at the flickering. The house is silent. I hear ringing in my ears.

When I am listening to music.....I like to listen to anything repetitive, like minimalistic, or even the 27 caprices of Pagannini...it's repetitive enough for me. In the way, that I have heard that some hyper-active children are given coffee to calm them, I listen to repetitive sounds,...Philip Glass....and I am calmed, quieted....anything Kronus....

the flip side...

Post 317

shrinkwrapped

It's odd because I was just going to tell everyone about the Beeb's internet radio service, but someone had already done it!

the flip side...

Post 318

$u$

So what's Scouting like? Do you have a motto? *dib dib dib*smiley - bigeyes

~A~

the flip side...

Post 319

shrinkwrapped

Yes. That's right. smiley - winkeye

Have a look at http://www.h2g2.com/Scouts for more info...

the flip side...

Post 320

shrinkwrapped

Yes. That's right. smiley - winkeye

Have a look at http://www.h2g2.com/Scouts for more info...

Key: Complain about this post