A Conversation for Ask h2g2

No Religion

Post 1

Taff Agent of kaos

we always see in the papers jesus apearing on a slice of toast or the virgin mary on a dirty shower curtain

has anyone seen a non religious "miracle" picture????

smiley - bat

No Religion

Post 2

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Um, kinda... though it's a bit of an oxymoron.

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/11/15/charles-darwin-appar.html

No Religion

Post 3

Taff Agent of kaos

cant see it here at work will look at home later,

yes it is an oxymoron but it was the easiest way to discribe it,

KISS i always say, Keep, It, Simple, Stupid,

and anyway we all know its just the brain trying to find paterns, just like the canals of mars

smiley - bat

No Religion

Post 4

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Someone apparently looked up from a bird feeder to the miraculous apparition of Chazzy D where the limb of a tree had been cut away.
And there's a picture that is just as convincing as those of a "real miracle".

No Religion

Post 5

taliesin

"I was just about to spread the butter when I noticed a fairly typical small hole in the bread surrounded by a burnt black ring" said Chapman. "Then to my amazement I saw the direction and splatter patterns of the crumbs with their changing shades emanating outwards from the center of the black hole. It was identical to the chaotic-dynamic non-linear patterns that one would expect following the Big-Bang." "It's the beginning of the world!" he added.
-- http://www.satireandcomment.com/0208toast.html

Or perhaps..

"I have never felt closer to Darwin's ideas," said zoologist Fred Granger, who waited in line for 16 hours to view the stain. "May his name be praised and his theories on natural selection echo in all the halls of naturalistic observation forever."
-- http://www.theonion.com/content/news/evolutionists_flock_to_darwin

smiley - tongueout

No Religion

Post 6

Mrs Zen

Well, I keep on thinking I can see noodly appendages whenever I have Italian food.

Does that count?

No Religion

Post 7

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Of course it does. The Flying Spaghetti Monster gave us pasta in it's myriad forms so we could never forget his divine providence.

Those that say that HE was made-up and got his name from a pre-existing food simply don't understand. And deny HIS power and mystery and big meaty balls of TRUTH!

No Religion

Post 8

Icy North

Someone once had a friesian cow with a black patch which looked remarkably like football pundit Jimmy Hill (it's true!). I can't find it on Google, though.

No Religion

Post 9

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

"big meaty balls of TRUTH"
That has* to be a front page quote smiley - grovel
I hear the voices of dead people, does that count? smiley - erm Oh, and I once had a piece of toast with butter, wich was the spitting immage of James Blunt...

No Religion

Post 10

NPY

Was just going to ask if there'd been any relgious images that weren't angels or Christ or Mary? Do you see Buddah in your smiley - cappuccino foam? I know that Mohammed won't be making any appearances though.

Don't think James Blunt comes into that, but good to hear he's making appearances outside the TV.

No Religion

Post 11

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

I once saw a potato that looked remarkably like Phil Collins.

No Religion

Post 12

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Coincidence, I once thought I saw a Phill Collins who looked like a potato... smiley - ermsmiley - doh

No Religion

Post 13

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Mohammad hasn't appeared, of course, but the Arabic writing of Allah did appear as a pattern in a cut marrow or something.

TRiG.smiley - flan

No Religion

Post 14

Xanatic

That has appeared on lot´s of things actually. Fish, tomatoes, clouds.

No Religion

Post 15

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

With reference to the subject title: Sounds lovely. When can we start?

No Religion

Post 16

turvy (Fetch me my trousers Geoffrey...)

This is even better than the toast link...

http://www.satireandcomment.com/0508conversion.html

t.

No Religion

Post 17

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Returning to the question in post#1:

>> ...has anyone seen a non religious "miracle" picture???? <<

Is there a prize for the correct answer? No, alright
then the answer's Yes, if short films (15 minute) and
musicals count. It has to be Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'.

smiley - musicalnotesmiley - vampiresmiley - musicalnote
~j~

No Religion

Post 18

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

turvy's link:
http://www.satireandcomment.com/0508conversion.html
is laugh out loud hilarious I give it 3 bellylaffs!
smiley - applause
~j~

No Religion

Post 19

anhaga

'has anyone seen a non religious "miracle" picture????'

The closest I've come is every morning. I look out the window and there it is! A material universe!

what more evidence do we need?smiley - erm

No Religion

Post 20

NPY

A material universe? Rather than an immaterial one I suppose. Or are you living in a parallell universe made of denim?

Though surely it's the people (or at least some of them) who are the materialistic ones. Don't see too many cows worrying about whether their bell was made by Gucci or grass getting cut wash and blow dry from Vidal Sassoon.

Key: Complain about this post