A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The Hitchikers Movie Trailer is online!

Post 61

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

Oh, Revenge of the Sith?smiley - erm Strangely enough I'm not really wild about that one. It's been too long since AOTC.

Post 62

Baron Grim

The best reason to anticipate Revenge of the Sith is that it will be the last time Lucas can mess up the Star Wars legacy...

Oh, wait... no it's not, he'll just release super special versions of the movies again... this time with more ewoks and jar-jars and midiclorians.

Post 63

And more bounty hunters shooting first.

I hope JarJar dies. Or at least has his hand sliced off.

Post 64

designmonkey AKA George The Gay Hippo

The trailer for the new star wars movie looks cool, but then again so did the 1 for the phantom menace.

Hitchhikers trailer looks fantastic
Anyone notice the Models of the gang in the montage near the end?

Post 65

Baron Grim

No... I didn't... tell me more...

smiley - runs to see again.

Post 66

If you scroll through the montage bit of the trailer slowly you'll see some models of zaphod, ford and Trillian on a heart of gold set...
Probably something to do with the infinite improbability drive.

Post 67

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

http://thehollywoodnews.com/article/10030503.php

Arthur, Ford and Zaphod in The Offices of the Vogons.

Post 68

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

For the industrious - the new star wars trailer is up and all over the internet smiley - winkeye

smiley - popcorn

"Are you threatening me master jedi?" smiley - devil - I love it.

Post 69

CNN: "New Star Wars Movie to be darkest yet"

No? Seriously? How could this be? What with the collapse of a system-spanning republic that has stood for a thousand generations, the decimation of a noble order of Warriors sworn to protect, and a bunch of things like that?

Post 70

Baron Grim

With fewer than 42 days remaining till the ultimate movie premiere the website is in its final stage:

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/index.html

Post 71

Good site
DM

Post 72

Nice graphics, maybe a bit over the top.

Post 73

Hoovooloo

Am I the only one perturbed by the distinctly mono-headed Zaphod?

H.

Post 74

Yes, you probably are. If you watch the trailer, you can see the second head.

Post 75

Hoovooloo

Well, yeah, you can, but only in a couple of shots.

It looks like his second head is IN FRONT OF his first, rather than beside, which means that for the most part he just looks like a regular guy. I mean, with all the money they have is this a really BAD way of saving money on FX shots or what?

Zaphod should have two heads visible ALL the time, surely? Most of the shots of him in the trailer show only one, and every single still photo I've seen of him (i.e. about a dozen) show only one head. smiley - erm

H.

Post 76

The story goes something like:

Nobody with more than half a brain sould be alowed to become president, so Zaphod had half his brain removed and put in a second head, hidden beneath his own. The second head contains all the bits that aren't good president material, i.e. the reckless, alcoholic, sexist etc. This head surfaces when he uses any of that stuff. Or something like that.

Post 77

Alfster

<>

I too am worried about this. If the Beeb were able to do two heads oodles of years ago why can't a Hollywood studio do it now?

It would be a) very sad if it is just for budget reasons b) really sad if the worked out the CGI costs and fouind out it would be prohibitive and c) whether they did not even bother looking at a physical head which would have been a hell of a lot cheaper than CGI any way.

The trailer also showed Marvin and the Heart of Gold and I have to say the Beeb versions looked a lot cooler. Let see if the film versions grow on me.

Post 78

Baron Grim

I'm not as concerned with the head... Granted I did expect to see it continuously, but the second head was never that important. From reading what Douglas Adams had to say on the subject, it was just a throw away gag on the radio series. When they started making the telly series he regretted it. Sort of like "Darn it... why did I have to give him that second head... just for a quick joke and now we're stuck with it".

It really was crap on the telly...

But yes... they could have done a better job with modern CGI. (budget concerns be damned). Then again... maybe the second head would be distracting in scenes where it wasn't needed so maybe this was a story telling choice... I'll hold my judgement until I see the movie. (And, to be honest, as long as I've anticipated this movie, it will really have to suck for me not to like seeing it.)

Post 79

Baron Grim

Oh... BTW... Have you all seen the UK trailer and the UK website yet?

http://www.hitchhikersmovie.co.uksmiley - towel

Post 80

Deb

OK, hands up who's terrified of being disappointed?

Deb smiley - cheerup

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more