A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What Films have you seen recently?

Post 2641

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

<> glad someone else hated that. Did you read my entry on the Razzies, Bluessmiley - shark?
A16224789
The pre-Darth Vader got a special mentionsmiley - winkeye

<> whose? Yours or your partners?
I saw "The History Boys" yesterday.
I've also seen "The Children of Men"

I would recommend them both but for different reasons. I've missed "Devil wears Prada" due to making other choices (last week "The World Trade Centre") but if it's *your* treat go for smiley - devil if it's your partners go for "History Boys"

Post 2642

HonestIago

I agree with GB, if it's your choice go see Devil Wears Prada, it's such an enjoyable film.

Of those listed, I'd say Children of Men is the better film (I've seen it and the other two are getting mixed or poor reviews) but I wouldn't describe it as a 'treat' film, it doesn't exactly inspire happiness and hope.

Post 2643

No it is a "worst-case scenario" which you know *would* happen if society were to fail. If anything it's good because it makes you appreciate what you have. I've always thought babies were miracles and every baby is new hope.

Post 2644

HonestIago

Yeah, I suppose you could see it that way, and it would be a treat. It just brought out the pessimist in me is all

Post 2645

Not a birthday treat film though, I agree.

smiley - hug

Post 2646

flakey-lady.... you lookin' at me punk?

thanks all.. its my b day soon and oldest daughter is treating me.. initially she wanted to see grudge 2 [ we saw grudge 1 together] but i didn't find the 1st scary at all and have heard the 2nd is dire!!!

we didn't put the devil wears prada into the equation.. now i'm more confusedsmiley - biggrin i do fancy the children of men oooerrr you know what i mean...

it might have to be a coin toss or a mini lotterysmiley - ok

Post 2647

Ged42

Watched 'One Hour Photo' a creepy, yet sad film staring Robin Williams as this photo development clerk in a big superstore who is obsessed with what he sees as this perfect American family.

Also watched 'Misery' again, still very creepy and one of the few decent Stephen King adaptations.

Post 2648

Serephina

you could always wait for the prestige to come out n see that flakey

Post 2649

Xanatic

I´m really looking forward to The Prestige. Sounds like it could be great, plus I love that Victorian Age stuff.

Post 2650

the prestige.. i haven't heard anything about this... i must be slipping smiley - biggrin

watched the hitcher last night... my god it was excruiating seeing those 80's styles that i thought were quite cool back then... but i maintain rutger hauer was still cool...smiley - ok

Post 2651

tonight we hired SKY HIGH obviously a film with youngster in mind, only she fell asleep[reckon to do with the hour change] and i carried on watching.. ok fun film with strong moral about not crapping on your friends.. kind of a cross between the incredibles and harry potter...

on the tv we watched THE ROYLE FAMILY..did you see jims outburst about the batteries... and the jungle book music? smiley - magic
it was smiley - laugh and it was smiley - wah. they should have kept it for xmas [unless they have a sneaky xmas special] also noticed that little david seems to be daves son in real life..[same surname and uncanny resemblance]

Post 2652

Is mise Duncan

Saw Memento again last weekend - well worth a revisit.

Post 2653

A Super Furry Animal

At the weekend I watched Kidulthood. Anyone else seen that? It's quite frightening really, because you know that it's true!

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 2654

Moving On

My lads were watching Kidulthood the other day - they reckoned it was "pretty good" I watched a bit of it and found it too depressingly accurate to be entertainedsmiley - erm

Has anyone seen Queen? (the one with Helen Mirran as QE1?) Is it worth a jaunt to the cinema, or would The Devil Wears Prada be a better bet?

Post 2655

A Super Furry Animal

QE2, shoorly? smiley - winkeye

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 2656

Moving On

Possibly, possibly.

smiley - blush

I had a 50:50 chance of getting it right, anywaysmiley - tongueout

Post 2657

Yes, I've seen The Queen. Brilliant, but then, it's my kind of film. I bet Cherie wouldn't enjoy it, or a few h2g2 Researchers I could mention but won't.

I saw "The Guardian" this morning, best I've seen Kevin Costner in some time and Demi Moore's toyboy hubby was a revelation. Very powerful film but overlong, could have cut Costner's character's romantic (smiley - doh) bits out and it'd have been perfect.

Post 2658

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Just watch Silent Hill on DVD. Not scary, not much plot, nice eye-candy (if you're a man). Sean Bean (not enough of). Nuff sed!

Post 2659

HARD CANDY on dvd phew!! what can i say?

i did like it, thoroughly absorbing film, mostly only with the 2 main actors throughout and filmed in 18 days according to imdb...very powerful message, and i spose himoutdoors was lucky he went to bed before the nasty bit....oohhh ouch!

Post 2660

Niwt

Yeah I liked "Hard Candy"...

Most recent I saw was "Man Without a Face"...

Key: Complain about this post