A Conversation for Ask h2g2

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 1

Demon Drawer

Voting has starting for the 1st Annual H2G2 Academy Awards over at the H2G2 Film Society
http://www.h2g2.com/A270695
There are three categories Best Picture, Best Actor in a Leading Role, Best Actress in a Leading Role. Let your voice be heard.

There is also a lifetime achievemnet award to be awarded by the academy. Let me know who that should be below.

Vote one, vote all.

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 2

Menza

The lifetime acievement must go to Sir Connery. smiley - smiley

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 3

Demon Drawer

Thanks Menza for being the first to vote in any category. You will recieve the honour of opening one of the evelopes on the night of the ceremony. smiley - smiley

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 4

Menza

Do I get the chance to get accosted by a drunk and have my drink spilt. smiley - winkeye

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 5

Demon Drawer

We'll see. smiley - winkeye

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 6

Menza

Goody, Goody. smiley - smiley

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 7

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I'll certainly second Menza's vote!

~Irving*

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 8

TowelMaster

I would like to nominate Richard Burton for a lifetime achievements award as he was nominated for the 'original' Oscars seven times but never got one(because he pissed off Daryl Zanuck in the fifties btw...).

IMNSHO it's High Time we did something about that.

Thank you,

TM.

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 9

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I'd like to nominate Peter Jones (the voice of the Guide) for his sterling work in low-budget smutty films with the "Carry-On" team in the 1960s, his magnificent contributions to "Just a Minute" and the fact that he's so dottled it doesn't matter whether he wins or loses, as he won't remember the next day anyway.

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 10

Olli

I would like to nominate Augusto Pinochet as best leading actor, for his role in "look who's walikng" smiley - winkeye

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 11

GOD

I'm not normally given to hubris & vanity, but I wish to vote for myself in the lifetime achievement award.

Who can ever forget my :-

* the stirring sunsets in An English Patient
* sinking of Leonardo DiCaprio in Titanic
* grand entrance in the Ten Commandments playing Charlton Heston
* technical excellence with coming up with the world in the first
place, therefore by definition having a hand in every classic
production since time began.

I hope my power over life & death won't effect the judges decision

Tut,Tut...honestly, would I do something like that... smiley - bigeyes

smiley - fish - Oh...I also had a hand in Jaws (But not the sequels, they were HIS work).

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 12

Olli

But do you really exist?

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 13

Jenny and Fred the cheese

i don't know about you but i exist and i would like to nominate Richard E Grant and Colin Firth for every award

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 14

Grey Area

I vote for Stanley Kubrick, as Best Director Veering Wildly From Making The Best And Utterly Crap Movies Category, which I just made up.
Then again, there's always Stephen Spielberg.

Or, (See alphabetical listing.)

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 15

Siguy

you know, I used to know several people who actually cast votes in the academy. Ofcourse I took advantage of them and if there was a movie they hadn't seen they didn't mind just voting for whatver I told them to. Pretty cool, but we had a terrible voting record of what we voted for vs. what actually won.

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 16

Proff

I must 2nd Augusto Pinochet. They even paid him £500,000 of taxpayers money and a free flight home. Whatever happened to the wheelchair?
Please do not shoot the continuity girl!

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 17

Jenny and Fred the cheese

if i shot you would you take it personally?

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 18

Grey Area

Personally, I take it any way I can get it!

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 19

I vote for George Lucas. He invented everything that Hollywood takes for granted when making blockbusters these days.

H2G2 Academy Awards

Post 20

Proff

It all depends as to whether you own a gun, and if you are a better shot than I am.
If you know what a "Model 29" is then you have a fair chance.
If you do not......................

Key: Complain about this post