A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What biscuit would you most like to rule the country?

Post 1

Researcher 245624

I know what you're thinking: a biscuit ruling the country? A foolish idea. Biscuits are (generally speaking) non - sentient, inanimate, man - made objects that go well with tea and coffee, and therefore unsuitable for positions of authority.

Think of the advantages, though! A biscuit can not, through it's very essence of being, declare war. A biscuit would also be deaf to the cries of big business lobbyists, therefore putting a stop to profit - driven policies. Bets of all, with a biscuit as our representative World Leader, we'd never lose a debate - have you ever tried arguing with a biscuit? I know I have and believe me, it can't be done.

Yes, I realise there's a danger of government - hired assassins (eg. labradors, etc), but the prime minister is never far from his bodyguards, is he? So my question is: which biscuit should rule the British Isles, and why?

Post 2

E G Mel

I think you'd be best off asking this in <./>Askh2g2</.> not many people seem to drop by this little place smiley - sadface

The italics usually move threads like this there but they're a bit busy off site at the moe. smiley - smiley

If you need any help finding your way round h2g2 you can always ask me or call in on the Aces they are there to make your life that little bit easier by knowing where most things are or who to ask! smiley - winkeye

Mel smiley - hsif

Thread Moved

Post 3

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community' to 'Ask the h2g2 Community'.

smiley - chef

Thread Moved

Post 4

E G Mel

Ohh wow, they are on form today smiley - winkeye

Mel smiley - hsif

Post 5

pdante'

Gary Baldy but what you're forgetting is the home secretary is the man with the Golden Labradorsmiley - smiley

Post 6

Trin Tragula

Aw, come on . . . Who had the last jammy doger?

Post 7

Trin Tragula

Aw, come on . . . Who had the last jammy dodger?

Post 8

Methos (one half of the HHH Management)

I like the idea. It couldn't get much worse anyway, although a biscuit would be pretty vulnerable.

And what biscuit?...Let me think about it.

Methos smiley - peacedove

Post 9

Baconlefeets

*Creates wall of Bourbons*

smiley - bigeyes

Post 10

Trin Tragula

*Munches way through wall of bourbons*

Ah ha! smiley - bigeyes

smiley - run

Post 11

swl

a "nice" one

Post 12

Vamster

This is an excellent intellectual question and one that should be debated up and down the country. Now let's see...

my evil twin sister might suggest a Hob Nob, but they crumble too easily under pressure.
Echos aren't original enough, they can't take the initiative.
Bourbons... now that's just the popularity factor that hopes to get it elected.
Party Rings, although my particular favourite, are much too frivoulous and wouldn't last five minutes in office.

We need a serious yet sensitive biscuit; a figurehead to recognise and respect; one who'll answer the countries needs instead of adhering to trends and fancy; who has rough side and a sweet side; who can win over any opposition; who has the wisdom of age and yet adapts and who will remain with us, stoic through good times and bad, to pull the country through and lead us on to greater heights.
Most of all, we need a biscuit that goes with tea. smiley - tea

Electorate: Vote for the Chocolate Digestive!

Post 13

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

The Bourbons have already had three bites of the cookie, but frankly lost in the long run to the Garibaldis of this world.

Post 14

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

smiley - yikes there are Spanish Bourbons too. Time for a coup d'etat!

Post 15

Ellen

Ah, and there's the advantage that a biscuit rarely goes hunting. smiley - winkeye Warms to the idea.

Post 16

Sho - employed again!

I'd worry that a chocolate digestive is trying to be too populist. What about a plain digestive?

(my own preference is those Dutch syrup waffle biscuits, the two layer jobbies that are best eaten warm... no wait! they would be useless, they bend when it gets a bit hot)

Post 17

swl

I'm sorry, I won't be swayed here.

It has to be Nice biscuits. Solid, reliable, dunkable, imbued with a sense of history. They've seen us through two World Wars and never crumbled.

Best of all, the name. If a Nice biscuit governed us, we'd all be Nice people. Nice people don't commit crime, or hurt one another or say nasty things. Nice people don't go to war. And think of the example we could set the world.

Lead by example, be all you can be, vote Nice smiley - biggrin

Post 18

Sho - employed again!

yeah, but don't they have sugar on top? I hate that, it's like eating sand.

Post 19

Sho - employed again!

eek, posted to early. What about Malted Milk biscuits? How bad can a biscuit featuring cows be?
smiley - smiley

Post 20

swl

the sugar helps us cope with difficult decisions.

Key: Complain about this post