A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 401

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

Administrators. Especially when you need forms signed by heads of departments and they're not in, or they want things done in a specific fashion or whatnot.

And exchange supervisors who only tell you ONE WEEK before the paperwork is all due that you're even accepted. smiley - steam

Petty Hates

Post 402

blaue Augen

Skinny pregnant women.

Petty Hates

Post 403

The Groob

Old people who seem to think they have to jump out in the road and wave every limb to stop a bus at a request stop. The driver isn't blind for god's sake.

Petty Hates

Post 404

Bob Gone for good read the jornal

TPV
a compony requierd by the FCC to conferm all changes to telaphone lines and hier the stupidest people I have ever talked to in my life. I am shure that deliberatly f**k up there computers so that we loos custermers and they carnt talk. they mumbel

Petty Hates

Post 405

random fat bird

Little old ladies who prod you in the back at bus stops, go round you to wave their limbs at the bus, *then* ask you if you want that particular bus (answer usually being yes), then get on before you anyway... When I was nine months pregnant this was incredibly irritating if it was rush hour, as they'd usually get the last seatsmiley - grr

People with toddlers in prams, who get on buses with spaces for prams and wheelchars, then take thier child out of the pram, but leave the pram 'up' and taking space it needn't. I have a seventeen day old baby, and where I can I try to fold down her pram and have her on my knee. I resort to leaving her in her pram on a bus only if she is asleep, or if I am on my own with too much to carry.

People who wear trainers with long skirts. Actually, people who wear trainers with any sort of skirt. Irrational I know, but lordy that is such a bad looksmiley - yuk

Petty Hates

Post 406

Felix the fractal cat

potatoe's
need i say more?

Petty Hates

Post 407

whats wrong with potatoes??

and I agree compleatly with the pram thing, although some people in iisrael are worse like not even using the pram spaces (when they are free) and having the pram blocking the ile so you carnt walk past or whanyou do try to squeeze past you get yelled at for rocking the pram and almost waking the babby, wich there screeming of corse would never do Ime shure smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 408

Felix the fractal cat

potatoe's £1.20/lb

!

Petty Hates

Post 409

random fat bird

You have to be kidding? Mind you, I very rarely buy spuds these days... But now you mention it, I rather fancy a potato bake. Might have to investigate the possibilty of having one over the weekend.

Petty hate number 412: People who rearrange my cutlery tray. It's knives, forks then spoons, with the tea spoons in the little compartment. Took me months to train Mark to not get it wrong. smiley - doh

Petty Hates

Post 410

The Groob

Trying to find a Mothers' day card that is a decent size without over sentimental mush on the greeting or over-soppy pics.

Petty Hates

Post 411

random fat bird

The bubblegum ones are quite goodsmiley - smiley

Trying to get parents to understand that sometimes you just have to be all independant.

Petty Hates

Post 412

Lady in a tree

Spinks - I make my own cards precisely because you can never find what you want in a card shop.

Petty hate (backlash) - smug people who make their own cards! smiley - tomatosmiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 413

Tabitca

people who hold meetings in the aisles in supermarkets and then glare at you when you ask them politely to move, because you want to get to the bread,yoghurt whatever.

Petty Hates

Post 414

Lady in a tree

People that lean their backs against the upright bars on the Underground so that nobody else can hold on to them. I got on a very crowded Hammersmith and City line train the other day and asked this girl doing just that if she wouldn't mind turning around so that I could hold on to the bar...she looked at me, sucked her teeth, looked up at the overhead bar and said "You can hang on to that" - I am 5 foot 2...my answer was "NO - I don't think so". Not the best start to the day. smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 415

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

Miscommunication between departments at the phone/electricity/bank. Both when I'm working for them and as a consumer. Our phone's probably been connected for the better part of a week, but seeing as no one thought to tell us this, despite my near daily phone calls to the company to change details or make sure things are put down correctly.

The landlord not changing the number on our letterbox, even though the council have changed our address. We've changed all of our addresses, and now have to change them back because we're not getting our mail.

Petty Hates

Post 416

Tabitca

plastic wrapping and yoghurt cartons with a pull here tab that doesn't...you end up breaking your teeth trying to rip it apart.

Petty Hates

Post 417

parve cream...need I say more?

Petty Hates

Post 418

The Groob

Losing an hour this weekend smiley - sadface Why can't they go forward at 4 o'clock on Friday?

Petty Hates

Post 419

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

Definitely agree with whoever it was who mentioned teenage angsty/love poetry. Can't stand it now, probably wouldn't have been able to stand it even before I was a teenager. And nonsense rhymes, I hate nonsense rhymes. If you can't say anything relevant without rhyming then don't bother to rhyme.

Pop songs in general irritate me, because of the miming, the lack of instruments, the lyrics that tend to resemble the aforementioned teen poetry, the horrible catchy tunes with no complexity to them, the lack of originality (especially when they take other people's good songs and turn them into tripe), but most of all I hate the way the bands are always constructed on some stupidly implausible image.

The phrase "intellectually I understand, but...".

Deliberate Black Sheep Syndrome, i.e. "just like everyone else I try to be different". Incidentally, I also hate the way people tend to divide themselves up into little groups and then set up rivalrys with or look down on all the other little groups. This tends to turn otherwise very tolerant and likeable people into complete idiots, especially since all the groups are the same except with different clothes, hair and hobbies. Even the geeks go on about how much they hate kevs, and the computer studies geeks look down on the stage, lighting and sound geeks...

In fact, I dislike mob behaviour in general. People tend to be nicer when they've got no-one to impress.

I also hate people who preach. Especially atheists, because they're giving atheists a bad name and doing the very thing that drives people away from religion most. As for agnostics who preach, pfff, what is that about?

Oh yeah, and I just can't stand intolerance. It drives me insane. I'd like to get all of the intolerent people in a line and shoot them into a mass grave. smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 420

The Groob

W***ers in offices who believe all that heirarchy bulls**t and never say hello first to people lower down than themselves. Do they know they're doing it?

Key: Complain about this post