A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Help wanted

Post 1

Alondar, keeper of answers to unasked questions(G.O.W.)

if any one wants to help me with the odd thing now and then example: at the moment I am writing the history for a ficticious country basically what I want is a team of people who can all work together to get anything that needs doing done kind of like the knights of the round table I know it sounds corny but thats the ethics behind it a SMALL group of people equal and together capable of anything.

Help wanted

Post 2

Abi

Hi Alondar!

Have you thought of asking this on ask h2g2 to see if anyone would be interested? I will transfer the thread over there once I have finished writing this reply.

The other thing you can do is advertise it in the Community newspaper <./>thepost</.>. Why not have a chat to Shazz the Editor?

Hope that helps

Abi

Thread Moved

Post 3

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community' to 'Ask the h2g2 Community'.

Help wanted

Post 4

William of Middenshire, Keeper of Mammals Beginning with "W" and Goatee Beards

Hi Alondar!

Your project sounds interesting to me, beacause I did a similar thing a few years ago. It was called "The Middenshire Chronicles" and was about a small county of England that was swallowed up by the tide in the 1600's. It was mostly humorous, but perhaps you want your to be more serious.

A few questions for you.

1. Have you thought of a name yet?
2. When will your history be set? (eg back in the mists of time, in the future, or ongoing).
3. Where is/was your country?
4. Are you intending to write it as a diary (ie as if the history has been written down by some contemporary, a bit like Pepys' Diary) or as a proper history book?

One thing I would say is that a fictitious place still has to be believable. Look at Terry Pratchett's Discworld Books - some stange stuff happens, but everything is explained by the author.

If I can be of any help, drop me a line.

W.

Help wanted

Post 5

Hi There The basic Idea is that This country has no set date or place in rlation to our world because it is not there it live withing another earth where the only differences from ours are the land masses and the human world which is of course is what makes it such an interesting and also tough project. As the history of a country is fairly lengthy even a relatively young country different sections occasionally overlapping will be written in different formats. I greatly appreciate help if you want to go to "my space" i think theres a link there on the basic outline of jynia's history.

Help wanted

Post 6

Mystrunner

I'll help. I write fiction of that sort in my spare time. I'll have a look-see at your history...

Help wanted

Post 7

Mystrunner

I'll help. I write fiction of that sort in my spare time. I'll have a look-see at your history...

Help wanted

Post 8

Mystrunner

Help wanted

Post 9

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Count me in to! I've written enough Fantasy background to fill a LoTR novel!

Help wanted

Post 10

Thanks Guys You Wan't To Tell Me Of Any Particular Par You Want To Have A Go At?

Help wanted

Post 11

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Gee, this was quiet for a while, wasn't it...

If it's still on, I'll do whatever. Give me the basics, and what sort of things you want (eg: lots of magic/no magic, high/dark fantasy, etc).

Help wanted

Post 12

Lo All! I Return In Triumph! As You Can Tell Ive Been Away My Computer Was Absolutely F***ed So I Was Off For Ages The I Was Busy With Http://www.Acegikmo.tk Check It Out If Your Sanity Is Stronglty Doubted Any Way Who Would Like To Work On The "Sinking Massacre" Because Thats Really Not My Specialty Neither Are Large Scale Wars So If Someone Wants To Do The Indish Invasion That Would Be Great.

Key: Complain about this post