A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What makes you feel old?

Post 421

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Having my soon-to-be thirteen year old try to lawyer me out of making her change her sweaty blouse so she can go out to dinner with her mum and grundmum...

What makes you feel old?

Post 422

Sho - employed again!

talking to my colleague at work about a song that's on the Nr.1 album in the German charts (re-done hits by Nena - remember 99 Luftballons?) , and she said "oh I wasn't born when that came out" and it was one of the first things I bought with my very first wage packet after I left school...

What makes you feel old?

Post 423

Wand'rin star

Well I'm 60 today and I feel about 5. The idea of the British govt sending me a minute old age pension reduces me to gissles. My mortgage and insurance policy stop asking me for money this month, thus giving me more disposable income This week I have had my hair cut short and feathery, dyed copper with blonde streaks and my current nailpolish has glittery bits in because some of my colleagues are taking me out for a surprise this evening. What makes me feel old? Absolutely nothing (tomorrow morning may be another story) smiley - star

What makes you feel old?

Post 424

Sho - employed again!

Happy birthday then!!
smiley - kiss

What makes you feel old?

Post 425

Gnomon - time to move on

Happy Birthday Wand'rin Star! smiley - cake

I was at a 60th Birthday Party last week. My friend, the woman whose birthday it was, said she had invited her 89 year old aunt, but she was far too busy, between interviewing people and doing poetry readings. That's the sort of person my friend wants to be when she is 89, and it sounds like you're the same!

What makes you feel old?

Post 426

You can call me TC

Impromptu verse from a not-quite-89-year-old:

Our beloved smiley - star is 60 today
Let's sing and dance and smiley - whistle whistle
She feels much younger (that's what they all say)
Although she's somewhat a-gissle

Her English is better than any of ours
She teaches it to the Chinese
Let's celebrate her with champagne and flarze
And Up with old Mother Brown's knees!

A bit of a jig won't worry our Star
With her hair and nails shaded copper
We'll all join in, from near and far
And make sure she don't come a-cropper

And then we'll sit down to a dinner to amaze yer
And listen to her all night through
As she tells of Africa, Lincolnshire and Asia
What a past - and only five foot two!

What makes you feel old?

Post 427

Coniraya

*applause*

Brilliant TC!

Hope you had wonderful evening Wandrin smiley - star

What makes you feel old?

Post 428

You can call me TC

embarrassed smiley - blush I thought I was posting in WS's birthday thread. Had to reconstruct it and put it there, too, becaue I thought it was lost.

Silly me.

Boy do I feel old.

What makes you feel old?

Post 429

Coniraya

smiley - laugh

It's so reassuring to find I'm not the only one who posts things in the wrong thread!

What makes you feel old?

Post 430

You can call me TC

I've been campaigning for years for there to be some reference over the box as to what forum you are in - this only applies when you start a new thread. It turned out that my poem was in reply to the right posting, but the posting was in another thread. So I have a couple more steps to senility yet.

What makes you feel old?

Post 431

Teasswill

I don't quite know why, but when I had to take my Mum to A&E yesterday & was logged as her next of kin, that made me feel old.

What makes you feel old?

Post 432

Z

Things make me feel adult rather than old, reasiling I've spent three years at university and that I have baggage from previous emotional relationships affecting forming new ones...

What makes you feel old?

Post 433

Sneijder

Ronan Keating being younger than me, and I'm 25
Keanu Reeves not being far off 40

Key: Complain about this post