A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 7341

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

is it nov last year since i stuck my head on h2g2

we here in england are getting ready for the snow later today saturday,at11-00am, in bradford,yorkshire, smiley - sheep jim

Post 7342

Effers;England.

Hi Jimcracker...welcome home.

Well below freezing here in south east London...sparkling and sunny.

Post 7343

$u$

It's at least minus 5C here, and has been snowing for the last four hours. Roll on springtime. smiley - brr

Post 7344

Hati

5 pm in Estonia. -24C right now and we expect -37C tonight. Hell is going to freeze this winter.

Post 7345

Mol - on the new tablet

We have had about 7cm snow since 5pm (Northamptonshire uplands). Husband struggled to get home from two villages away after picking up daughter from a party this evening. All the girls were in skimpy clothes and flip flops, if they'd set out from here they'd have had wellies and coats and longjohns, just in case.

So, enough snow to mean we won't be going anywhere tomorrow, other than to our favourite hill for sledging ...

Mol

Post 7346

Saints 76

Lots of snow up to about a foot outside (might have drifted though) Temp: 28F Wind Speed 15MPH. Pressure 1027 MB. That is the conditions at 23:45 4/12/11 here Nr Emneth, Norfolk (UK).

Post 7347

Saints 76

OOPS I meant 4/2/12! Silly!

Post 7348

Effers;England.

Lots of snow and very beautiful everything looks. And I love that strange compressed dull sound when you walk on freshly fallen snow...and even though it's the middle of the night, the garden is clearly visible.

London 01.55 GMT, 5th February

Post 7349

winternights

Sky …………………..Cloudy
Temp …………………-3c
Wind …………………12 North Westerly
Humidity ……………..100%
Visibility ………………Poor
Pressure ……………….1023 Rising

Dated 05/02/2012
Time 05.50 am

Location Leeds England

Well the snows been and gone and broken cloud is allowing the temperature to drop. All is quite outside as I look out from the office window. Looks as if plenty of folk have already enjoyed there first taste of snow for 2012 given the state of the road and payment outside, looks as if a mass smiley - snowball fight as taken place earlier on.

Post 7350

Reality Manipulator

Belhus South Ockendon 05/02/2012 10:35

After an night of lovely snow, outside it looks like a winter wonderland and it has really made my weekend. I thought there was not going to be any snow this winter and I hope there will be more snow showers.

There is an opaline sky and there have been a few A few flakes of snow. The temperature is -1°C but feels more like -4°C. The winds are light, 8 mph with gusts of 13 mph. The wind direction is coming from East North East direction. The humidity levels are 89% and the pressure is 1033 mb.

Post 7351

highamexpat

You can keep the snow. it's just sun, sun & more sun here in Trinidad 33 degC

Post 7352

lapislazuli

Here in Dhahran it's sunny, clear, 19 C and a bit breezy at the moment (%pm). It's forecast to drop to 7 C tomorrow morning.

Post 7353

lapislazuli

That's 5pm not %pm !!!!!!!!!!!!!smiley - laugh

Post 7354

KWDave

Key West, Florida, USA 6 Feb 2012 0500 EST

77/25, with constant rain since yesterday morning at 0600. Rain total for the day between six and eight inches.

This was on the weather service site this morning:

Rare February Tropical Disturbance Forms In Gulf of Mexico
A rare Winter Tropical Disturbance has formed in the southern Gulf of Mexico near the Yucatan Peninsula. Even if the disturbance does not develop into a strong tropical system, heavy rain and thunderstorms are likely over Cuba and south Florida the next few days.

Post 7355

winternights

Sky …………………..High broken Cloudy
Temp …………………-1c
Wind …………………12 North Westerly
Humidity ……………..96%
Visibility ………………Moderate
Pressure ……………….1037 Rising

Dated 07/02/2012
Time 02.07 am

Location Leeds England

Yesterday didn’t seem too cold and the thaw of snow continued, most pavements and minor routes are nearly clear now.
Weather consisted of broken cloud with a light breeze from the NW.
At present it very much the same, high pressure over Europe is defending any weather systems ( lows) from the west and is maintaining these still grey skies with little change

Post 7356

hickory

latest from Hell (Michigan,USA)
Temperature 2 degrees above freezing, scattered clouds and light breeze
No Hell has not frozen over smiley - devil

Post 7357

Geggs

It was just snowing here for a minute. Stopped again now.

Birmingham, UK

Geggs

Post 7358

Reality Manipulator

Belhus South Ockendon 07/02/2012 17:10

After a sunny day with little cloud cover, the sky has become completely clear of any clouds and the temperature is between 0°C and -5°C but feels more like -11°C. The winds are light, 11 mph with gusts of 15 mph. The wind direction is coming from East North East direction. The humidity levels are 81% and the pressure is 1041 mb.

Post 7359

Pink Paisley

Sublimation seems to be happening here in North Herts.

That is to say, the snow laying around is evaporating rather than passing through the usual water phase.

The snow has receded somewhat in the last few hours and the roads and paths are stone dry. My drive is certainly less snowy than it was when I went out 4 hours ago.

Oddly humidity is at about 80% but the air feels really dry.

PP

Post 7360

ITIWBS

~7:00pm PST Tu 7 - Feb - 2012

Coachella Valley, CA, USA

Cloudy, with a forecast for clearing Thursday, temp. 19C/66F, comfortably cool, wind speed, zero.smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post