A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Can I ask a favour?

Post 41

Metal Chicken

Arrrr John-lad smiley - pirate
Get well soon. smiley - doctor

A flying instructor friend of mine had this operation a while back and kept on waxing lyrical about the colours he could see again afterwards. smiley - smiley Glad he didn't tell me about the impending op when I was his pupil a few weeks earlier though smiley - laugh

MC

PS. You just HAVE to come join us all now smiley - winkeye

Can I ask a favour?

Post 42

Mistdancer-X-sporadically coherent

Hey John!

After 20 years wearing glasses of increasing thickness, my mum had her eyes done this year. Now she doesn't need her glasses, and can drive again!! Look out world, here she comes!smiley - winkeye

Take care and be well, John

smiley - elf
Liverpool

Can I ask a favour?

Post 43

the autist formerly known as flinch

Get Well - not that you'll need it, i know five people who've had the operation in the last year, some on both eyes, and their quality of life has improved immesurably. Get out there and party!

Good luck to you, and to everyone who knows you - watch out!

Can I ask a favour?

Post 44

Ottox

*rolls eyes - but only his own smiley - tongueout*

Get well soon! smiley - biggrin

Ottox, Denmark

Can I ask a favour?

Post 45

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*rinses Ottox's eyes and gives them back*

Never mind that part of Ottox's message, John...

I already said get well soon, so I'll just give you a smiley - hug from the California State Treasurer's Office!

Can I ask a favour?

Post 46

Shea the Sarcastic

And some cheery get well wishes from New York! smiley - cheerup

Can I ask a favour?

Post 47

il viaggiatore

Another get well soon from Seattle.

Can I ask a favour?

Post 48

Rat, who can't remember his way round this bloody thing.

I haven't read the thread so dont know whats going on, but get well soon smiley - smiley

smiley - teasmiley - chocsmiley - cake

Can I ask a favour?

Post 49

il viaggiatore

Rat, you desperately need some awareness of your surroundings. this is the third thread i've seen where you've popped in just to say you don't know what's going on.

Can I ask a favour?

Post 50

Rat, who can't remember his way round this bloody thing.

third? I can think of two including this onesmiley - erm...the pumpkin one which looked lonely and this one which looked interesting...caint think of a third smiley - erm

Can I ask a favour?

Post 51

Titania (gone for lunch)

May I suggest you discuss this on one of your user pages instead?

smiley - burgersmiley - cakesmiley - cupcakesmiley - donut or maybe smiley - strawberries John?

Can I ask a favour?

Post 52

Wayfarer-- I only wish I were crackly

get well soon!smiley - cheerup

Can I ask a favour?

Post 53

NMcCoy (attempting to standardize my username across the Internet. Formerly known as Twinkle.)

smiley - cheerup
Get well soon from... um... wherever I am. Somewhere on Earth. And make sure you're reading this in Goo! (It's easier on the eyes... smiley - biggrin)

Can I ask a favour?

Post 54

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Get Well Soon John,

luv'n'stuff
smiley - witch
GW - from the posh part of Manchester smiley - smiley

Can I ask a favour?

Post 55

Mustapha

Kia Ora¹, John!

Hope you regain full binocular capacity as soon as possible.

New Plymouth, New Zealand

¹ Maori greeting meaning Good Health!

Can I ask a favour?

Post 56

J'au-æmne

Wow... and I thought Kia Ora was just a sugary drink smiley - devil

Feel better - *gives you smiley - donut, smiley - tea, smiley - coffee, smiley - cake, etc etc*
smiley - cheerup

J'au-æmne xxx (far away up north in Durham)

Can I ask a favour?

Post 57

shazzPRME

Another get well... this time from Holland.

My Mum had this operation a couple of months ago and now her emails have no spelling mistakes and she can whizz around Malvern (Worcs) in her car again! smiley - winkeye

smiley - gift... a book for you to read when the eye-patch has gone. smiley - smiley

shazz smiley - magic

Can I ask a favour?

Post 58

Abi

Oh thanks guys, he is going to be so thrilled with this! smiley - hug

Can I ask a favour?

Post 59

Lifson Kofie

Hi there John smiley - biggrin I'd also like to wish you a big Get Well Soon from (not so) sunny Eastbourne, East Sussex!

There's a Cornet player I used to sit next to before our bandleader bounced me over 1st Trombone in our local Salvation Army brass band. His name is Percy - and he's just had one of his cataracts done, and is due to have the other done soon. (They can't do both at once because of his age or something I think he said) He's had trouble reading the small-printed music for a few years now and has been playing it by memory, but even with only one of his eyes cleared, he's back to being as confident as he was when I first joined the SA.

It would be great so see you become a Researcher on the guide too! If (When!) you do, drop me a line in my Personal Space ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/u176378) and I'm sure to get back to you! It's great to get to know people in the Guide. I've made a whole load of friends already and I've not been on more than a few months!!! Perhaps you could attend the next meet!?! I'm going to try to get there, but I'm not sure yet.

I seem to be rambling now! But just to say Get Well, and we all hope to see you around on the Guide!

smiley - geekLifson Kofiesmiley - geek

Can I ask a favour?

Post 60

Orcus

Get well soon John,

Orcus, from the fifth level of Hades, just over the Styx - temporarily residing in Birmingham smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more