Your Beautiful

Post 181

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

Oh but time will strip all of that away... or something... smiley - tongueout

Your Beautiful

Post 182

Tefkat

Yeah. His black belt will fade to grey after repeated washing... smiley - silly

Hey, the smiley - scientists in the psychology department at the University of St. Andrews are investigating what people find beautiful.
They've found that when they photograph the face of the person actually doing the rating, subtly change its sex with their morphing program, and flash it up on the screen, the subjects really go for it.

It was more or less common knowledge that we like people that look like ourselves (wasn't it?) but their experiments seem to be showing that it's actually because they remind us of our parents (though they can't figure out what the evolutionary advantage might be).

They're doing an online experiment, in which you have to answer a questionnaire and then rate faces of the opposite sex for long-term and short-term attractiveness and people of your own for beauty, and then morph faces till you think they're gorgeous.

Mine all started off very anglo-saxon looking (probably 'cos I said I was caucasian (they didn't have a "hopelessly mixed" option) but as I went on they seemed to get progressively darker and more pixielike. I was wondering whether the type of faces they show later depend on your previous choices. It would be interesting to know what other people get...
smiley - aliensmile
http://www.perceptionlab.com

Your Beautiful

Post 183

Autumn Hughes

Well, that's one way to stop a thread dead in its tracks smiley - run

Your Beautiful

Post 184

Dorothy Outta Kansas

Seems we all went off to read the site ... and never came back!

x x Fenny (UT)

Your Beautiful

Post 185

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

Well, none of the faces would load for me.
I like faces.
smiley - bigeyes

Your Beautiful

Post 186

Eccentrica Gallumbits (I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message.)

They loaded for me.....eventually. The way they morphed was very interesting, but it wouldn't let me upload more than one photograph so I was unable to morph my father's face and mine together to see what would happen smiley - blue.
Did anyone succeed?

Your Beautiful

Post 187

Martin Harper

Sadly, I don't have a pic of my face that's high enough res and pointing in the right direction. But I did manage to upload two faces: you just go back to the homepage, and put the second one under a different username: eg MyRedDice1 and MyRedDice2...
smiley - shrug

Key: Complain about this post