A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Your Beautiful

Post 61

johnny yen (again)

There was this girl in the pub the other night, dark brown short cropped hair, brown eyes, lovely body, nice smile. The thing that set her apparet from all the others was that thing in her eyes. Anyone can smile, when you're really enjoying yourself and feeling good it's in the eyes.
That glint in the eyes. Thats it.

I thought she also had a great taste in music given what she put on the jukebox as well!

Your Beautiful

Post 62

unremarkable: Lurker, OMFC, LPAS

i agree jonny... the light in the eyes... especially dark ones.

Your Beautiful

Post 63

Corinth

The light in the eyes... ah memories...
I've been thinking about beautiful, and most of the time you can't assign it to a single feature you like. When you see someone beautiful you just know it. It's a harmony of features, body and soul.

Your Beautiful

Post 64

unremarkable: Lurker, OMFC, LPAS

hmm, balance, i like the concept... i could agree to that i guess.

i also know some people who dont have the kind of looks that would usually cause my head to turn, but who are some of the most beautiful people i've ever met. why? hmmm... i think i find sweet, wholesome people pretty beautiful (not too wholesome,but generally wholesome)

Your Beautiful

Post 65

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

I think I'm not a subscriber to the blonde-worshipping idea because there are so many of them, far from being rare. Of course, most of these are probably not natural blondes but people who are dyed. So why do so many people want to be blonde? Red hair is much more striking.
jwf- the thread was originally meant to be about purely physical beauty, since I wanted to know people's opinions. The first few postings (lovely as they were) were misinterpretations and didn't relate to what (I wanted) the thread was about. That's not to deny the existence of beauty on levels other than the physical.

Your Beautiful

Post 66

Corinth

I don't particularly prefer blonde over anything, but it could be a reason I find someone attractive.

Your Beautiful

Post 67

E G Mel

Where did that come from!

how about Lola Ferrari (rip)? Or are they just too big smiley - smiley

Mel smiley - hsif

Your Beautiful

Post 68

Xanatic

They┬┤re just too big. What did she ever die of anyway? Did she fall on her back and was unable to get up again? smiley - smiley

Your Beautiful

Post 69

E G Mel

Heart Attack I think, Caused by the strain they put on her smiley - winkeye

shouldn't joke about such things though smiley - sadface

Mel smiley - hsif

Your Beautiful

Post 70

Rt. Hon. David F. Porteous, Scottish Researcher, Keeper, Minister and rarely seen member of The Banned

Not joke about fatally large breasts? How can you not joke about that? The woman's bras were made by ship builders.

-- David, if it's fluffy, shoot it, can't be too careful

Your Beautiful

Post 71

E G Mel

Then skin it and gut it and have it for tea smiley - winkeye

Mel smiley - hsif

Your Beautiful

Post 72

Emily 'Twa Bui' Ultramarine

She died of a drug overdose - she was on several prescription drugs simultaneously (antidepressants, antibiotics, etc). Apparently she had body dysmorphia - whereby she detested the natural state of her body and constantly sought to alter it... smiley - erm

Your Beautiful

Post 73

Corinth

Beauty is in knowing it no matter what your body looks like.

Your Beautiful

Post 74

Self-beauty is connected to esteem, yes. Someone who looks at ease will always be attractive.

You're Beautiful

Post 75

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

I believe firmly that if you think you're attractive, then people will perceive you as attractive. As was just mentioned, self-esteem has a lot to do with personal appearance. The same for people who think themselves unattractive. You've seen then - down around the mouth, won't meet your eyes, constant sour expression.

I suddenly became much more attractive when my boyfriend (now husband) kept telling me that he found me beautiful. (Not that I believe him, of course, but it does wonders for my self-esteem!)

Your Beautiful

Post 76

taliesin

I could say,'that which is not ugly'smiley - zen
... but that just reminds me of the Zappa song - 'What's the ugliest part of your body?'

smiley - musicalnote...some say your nose, some say your toes;
I think it's your mind...smiley - musicalnote

Your Beautiful

Post 77

Rt. Hon. David F. Porteous, Scottish Researcher, Keeper, Minister and rarely seen member of The Banned

How many of you saw that series on BBC1 recently with John "Monty Python" and Liz "Formerly Attached to Hugh Grant". It was called The Human Face.

It talked about a formula for beauty (which I already knew about, because it's a VERY old idea) and how one scientist had actually proved it worked. True beauty can be expressed mathematically and has to do with the ratios of the size of certain facial dimensions to other facial dimensions.

There's a grid.

-- David, currently in high orbit around his ego

Your Beautiful

Post 78

Xanatic

Hmm, is that something global like the symmetry thing, or just local? And what did the program have to say about big noses?

Your Beautiful

Post 79

(reminder to anyone who thinks there's a typo in the subject- read the first posting, please do not correct. smiley - smiley)
Long fingers.

Your Beautiful

Post 80

Xanatic

I think you should have put some dots afterwards.

Key: Complain about this post