A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Your Beautiful

Post 161

Xanatic

On Ally? Not that many really. I don´t know why but the women on that show doesn´t appeal to me.

But all in all, Alicia Silverstone smiley - smiley

Your Beautiful

Post 162

E G Mel

OK I'll let you have that one! smiley - winkeye

Mel smiley - hsif

Your Beautiful

Post 163

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

Sorry, I missed this bit- it was getting interesting again. (And it's my thread, so I can resurrect it. Rah!)
Have concluded that the only reason to watch that programme is Lucy, and that's pushing it a bit.
...but Crouching Tiger, much more likeable. However, certain people seem to think that my dad resembles Chow Yun Fat. No, he looks like Jasper Carrott- but that sort of removes any attraction.

okaaaay... most preferred feature/area, of you or anyone else. Discuss.
(this was meant to be a serious and insightful thread that, when I am old and wearing a snood, I can write up and publish. Riiiight.)

Your Beautiful

Post 164

il viaggiatore

Alicia Silverstone is a half rabbit mutant.
Charlize Theron is beautiful.

Your Beautiful

Post 165

Oh, they're neither of them that special...

Your Beautiful

Post 166

Xanatic

Half rabbit mutant? Come on, she's a goddess. It's those guys from Tank Girl that are mutant rabbits. Charlize Theron is good looking, but what is more important I think is that she can actually act.

I go for a nice smile.

Your Beautiful

Post 167

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

My brother used to have a picture of her stuck on the wall of his bedroom with 'Reason to Live' on it!

I think he has found a few other reasons these days smiley - smiley

Don't you just hate it when somebody truely beautiful on the outside turns out to be truely beautiful on the inside as well?! You are left hoping they have a silly voice or uncontrollable farting problem or something. Not anything too bad obviously but just some tiny flaw where you can think well at least I'm better in THAT department!

smiley - bluek

Your Beautiful

Post 168

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

I have to say that Kate Beckinsale is right up their on the beauty front ... there's just something about her ...

As for more general things of beauty:
Falling snow - a kind of peaceful beauty that is completely unsurpassable.
The sleepy smile of the person you love that makes you want to hold them and never let go.
The emphasised silence of a summers day when you switch of the lawn mower.

so many more ... but they'll have to wait, I've got to w**k ...

Your Beautiful

Post 169

Xanatic

I wonder if he meant he had to work, or something else. In which case don't forget to wash your hands before typing smiley - smiley

I think we got established at the beginning this was for beautiful people. Not for "the smile of a child" and such.

Well, most people seem to love to think that beautiful people are stupid. And of course read about unhappy Hollywood stars because it makes their own lifes seem better.

Your Beautiful

Post 170

Seymour Hicks

'The sleepy smile of the person you love that makes you want to hold them and never let go.'

I have to say that this is so true, my other half is away at the moment and I miss him so much. He is so beautiful to me and never so beautiful as when he sleeping.

Your Beautiful

Post 171

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Didn't know there were rules Xanatic!

I don't have any problem with brains and beauty being in the same package (after all I have both smiley - winkeye), and I don't think intelligent=beautiful inside. It is just when you meet/see perfect people who seem like thoroughly good people as well as being beautiful you want there to be something that isn't perfect.

I don't suppose there are any really perfect folk out there, so it can be fun speculating what the flaws might be!

I always thought Jane Goodall was physically an absolutley beautiful woman when she was young and even in her later years you could see the beauty there underneath.

Robert Redford was a physically beautiful man when young, he hasn't kept it as well as Jane though.

Your Beautiful

Post 172

Xanatic

I don't like that you can't find any perfect people out there. They always turn out to be too human.

Jane Goodall was nice back then yes, and still is. But she could be damn ugly and I'd still be interested in her.

Your Beautiful

Post 173

no, perfection would not be easy to live with... it'd be like they were an alien, at least a higher form of life, and eventually would gaze at you with pity and say 'I must leave your world', taking all the potted plants with them.
I started the thread (long ago, when we were young etc. smiley - applause) cos I wanted to know who and what is beautiful, in the human sphere. I can't remember anything it came up with so...

Your Beautiful

Post 174

hello?

-Mandragora (admiring from afar)

Your Beautiful

Post 175

Xanatic

My roommates boyfriend is annoyingly perfect. He has everything a girl wants. B*****d.

Your Beautiful

Post 176

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

smiley - yikes

Your Beautiful

Post 177

Zorpheus - I'm so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

What's that? A never ending supply of chocolate and a large ummmm... credit limit? smiley - winkeye

Your Beautiful

Post 178

Dorothy Outta Kansas

So, Xanatic, your roommate is goodlooking too? Is that a female roommate?

Feel free not to answer!

x x Fenny (nosey, sorry)

Your Beautiful

Post 179

Dorothy Outta Kansas

So, Xanatic, your roommate is goodlooking too? Is that a female roommate? smiley - smiley Please note the smiley and sorry for the double post.

Feel free not to answer!

x x Fenny (nosey, sorry)

Your Beautiful

Post 180

Xanatic

Yeah she is, and more of a housemate I guess.

Yeah, big credit limit, don't know about the "other". But he's cute, got a well paid job, a great apartment, a car, a black belt, is a good cook and such things.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more