A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Useless information

Post 1701

Philbert

Could have been nasty if the teapot was still inside!

Useless information

Post 1702

Mu Beta

No the teapot was dropped over a completely different region by an American fighter that was nowhere in the vicinity of the catastrophic tea-cosy incident.

B

Useless information

Post 1703

Philbert

So you have the inside scoop on the Afghanistan friendly fire incident? It wasn't the act of a cowardly airman in a panic, just a Yank's well-known inability to handle a teapot?

Useless information

Post 1704

Mu Beta

Indeed. The nation who can handle double-choco-mochachino-deluxes failed to have a good brew up.

By the way, did you hear about the SAS bursting into Debenhams because they heard Bed Linen was inside?

B

More useless info

Post 1705

Philbert

>>Tightly bound certainly, but not straight-laced. (That is the origin of the word; as is its oppostite, a 'loose woman'.)

Reading this, I thought of this:
Women that are tight are often loose. A loose women will frequently find herself tight. I think that we should all loosen up and get tight.

More useless info

Post 1706

Philbert

>> By the way, did you hear about the SAS bursting into Debenhams because they heard Bed Linen was inside?

I'm still waiting for the Americans to destroy a fully laden bin.

Returning to utterly useless data...

Post 1707

Philbert

>>Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day

Now we know why obesity is such a problem ib the US!

Post 1708

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

If Spiderman's such a superhero, how come he has so much difficulty climbing out of the bath? smiley - spider

Post 1709

Mauritania

Wow, America eats 18 acres of pizzas a day and there are 263,563,000 people living in America which means there are a 1/4 of a American billion Americans.

The actually refrence is for America is the giant dual continent and not a unionship of a couple of colonies banned together. Technically Americans think there a democrarcy, they are not. America is a Republic, all the time. An elected president to take on the roles of Head of state and first minister is the description of a Republic. (according to Civ II)

A democarcy is where the head of state and the first minister are different people, in the case of Britain. The monarcy are placed at the head of state and an elected offical as first minister, however since the first minister has all the power held in leading the country (Other than social events), the tital becomes Prime Minister.

Post 1710

beanfoto

Democracy means "thing of the People". Personally, being of Viking descent I prefer Althing.
The Greek idea of democracy seemingly never regarded 90 percent of the population as being people.
If the Yanks eat that much pizza where do they dispose of the pizza boxes?
I'd rather rely on Plato's Republic than the Civilisation II manual.

Post 1711

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

My mothers maiden name began with the letter B.

Post 1712

eyethink_eyethink

a useful thing to know when acessing your credit card account...

Post 1713

six7s

Virginia Bottomley

is an anagram for

I'm an evil tory bigot

Back to Superheroes...

Post 1714

Mu Beta

If Superman could stop bullets with his chest, why did he always duck when Lex threw the gun at him afterwards?

B

Back to Superheroes...

Post 1715

beanfoto

Because he didn't want to get pistoled dawn.
If you don't get it 1st time , just say it.

Back to Superheroes...

Post 1716

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Was Superman's costume made out of the same stuff as the Hulk's trousers? smiley - erm

Post 1717

Saavik2

So, America consumes 18 acres of pizzas a day, which means they must throw away almost 36 acres of cardboard each day, which probably explains the deforestation of their continent and all the mysterious new islands that keep appearing around the Pacific rim ....

Post 1718

Mauritania

So, America uses 36 acres of cardboard a day for Pizza Boxes, which means they must use gallons of ink to print various corperation names and mottos on the side. Which probabily explains were all the oil is going and why the squid population has halved over the last centry in the East Pacific!!!

Post 1719

Tonto BA (Hons)

Coca-Cola is by far the most famous drink in my stomach at present!

Post 1720

manda1111

I have had a new computersmiley - biggrin

*I wish I had my old computer*smiley - bruised

manda

Key: Complain about this post