This is the Message Centre for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

A medical update on lil ol me

Post 1

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Well...sort of.

It's VV here, although I don't really want to be on here due to certain circumstances, but I need to update you on mums medical condition.

As some of you may be aware, mum has problems with her neck. This all started approximately 15 years or so ago when she underwent major surgery to correct broken vertibrae in her neck. They took bone from her hip to graft into her neck. She was bed ridden for approximately 6 months afterwards.

Things got a little better until a few years after that when mum began to experience numbnes in her left hand, together with a lot of pain too. It turned out that the bone they took from her hip had grown and was beginning to press against the spinal column. This had to be removed and was.

Recently mum has been suffering from the same repetative pain in her neck, arms, hands and feet. She fell down the stairs at home and ended up in A&E whilst I was in the same hospital recovering from an appedix operation. They refused to x-ray her as they didn't want to be frightened as to what they might see, so told her to see her doctor for a referral back to Walton Neurological Hospital.

She went for her hospital appointment and now has to go for an MRI scan in the near future. It seems very likely that mum will have to undergo major surgery again as more vertibrae further down (or is it up) her neck are now crumbling, together with the original operation site. This operation also comes with a lot of risks unfortunately.

Mum is having a lot of problems using her fingers right now due to numbness and pain. She is also having problems walking as she can't feel her feet (this is why she fell down the stairs recently).

Anyway. So there you go. A brief outline of mums medical condition on her neck, sp please bare with her if she doesn't type quickly, or her typing doesn't seem quite on top form. This could be due to her fingers playing up, or her medication kicking in and knocking her out.

VV

Post 2

Scandrea

VV- you've got my email. Let me know if there's anything I can do, OK?

Post 3

Galigan

smiley - sorry to hear about her condition. i hope the doctors are able to help. tell her to get well soon because this place won't be the same without her!

*waves to lil if she's reading and sends healing thoughts her way*

and thanks for the update VV

Post 4

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

a carefull smiley - hug for lil me...

Post 5

Steerpike369

smiley - cheerup

smiley - hug and smiley - smooch to Lil and her clan, i will keep you in my prayers. and do not forget to remind her that if she goes into the hospital not to forget her smiley - towel

all my best lil mrs smiley - magic

smiley - cheers, steer

Post 6

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - hugsmiley - cuddlesmiley - smooch here is hoping that the docs do a grand job and that its all superglued back togehter and right as rain before we know it smiley - winkeyesmiley - cuddle (and you don't need an excuese to tipe lously on here, some of us do it all the time smiley - winkeye ) smiley - zen

Post 7

Woodpigeon

Send our love to your mum VV, she's a special one. smiley - hug

Post 8

zendevil

Gentlesmiley - cuddle for Lil, i totally sympathise, especially with "not feeling feet thus falling downstairs" syndrome, i do it regularly too!

smiley - goodluck with it all m'dear.Don't feel pressured to post when it's a bad day; we all have them, we understand & are thinking of you.

By the way, i was on MSN with Ivan earlier, he was hoping to catch Lil, but exhaustion took over & he has gone back to bed, but says to tell you he is fine OK!

zdt

Post 9

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

W and VV you know my feelings to Lil, my wishes are :- too long to write down, because there is no end to themsmiley - smiley

Post 10

jaz'd(ace & yada yada *sigh* chocolate yada)

smiley - sadface Do send & I think it's safe to say all oursmiley - love& sincere best wishes!

Post 11

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

smiley - erm I'm not good in these situations, so I'll just say smiley - goodluck

My arm was completely numb this morning because it was under my head all night. It was very disconcerting to be unable to control it for a minute.

Post 12

U1567414

all the best lil hurry back soon

Post 13

EndangeredSpecies

Keep thinking nice thoughts Lil smiley - smiley

Hope you feel better soon

smiley - rainbowESsmiley - rainbow

Post 14

smiley - fairy High as a kite on new meds smiley - nahnah

High as a kite
n don't give a ..smiley - yikes

ooh.. leave that unsaid
I could get smiley - moded instead!

I won't be far away.. ylou can contact me on [email protected]

I sahll be slippsliddinsg away threough the threads.

lilxx

Post 15

Ivan the Terribly Average

Ooooh! smiley - bigeyes New meds! smiley - wow

What colour?

Post 16

smiley - erm they are in a yellow capsules like thingy..

wow.. I just read y previus posting. and it is cr@p.. *giggles*

Post 17

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - laugh No worse that what I typed a fe minutes ago in another thread, my typing seems to have gone totally to pot tonight, and I can't even use alcoholi as an excuess as I've not had any1! smiley - laughsmiley - cuddle keep ha spirits up sweety smiley - kisssmiley - blush

Post 18

hello 2legs smiley - smooch

love you too smiley - cuddlesmiley - smoochsmiley - hug

Post 19

Scandrea

*Tucks Lil in.* Get some rest!

Post 20