A Conversation for Talking Point: Euphemism and Innuendo

Freudian Slips

Post 21

Spacecadet Jack (Supreme Commander in Cheif) [Major]

errrrrrrrr, indeno already said that........

smiley - yikes

Freudian Slips

Post 22

whoops! bad typing

ideno !

Freudian Slips

Post 23

mrchompy

Years back, during the news hype of Jesse Jackson's extra-marital affairs, my mom asked my dad, "Didn't Jesse Jackson's mistress work for him?"... to which my dad replied "Yes... she was on his staff." I added in "I'll bet she was!" My father was not pleased with the way I turned his words around, but he found it very amusing when I retold him the story a few months later.

Freudian Slips

Post 24

Madbeachcomber, I've done my spring cleaning, does that make me sad?

I've done the 'orgasm' instead of 'organism' slip in a conversation...at the Christmas dinner table infront of the in laws..smiley - ermsmiley - blush

Freudian Slips

Post 25

I'm not really here

smiley - erm Also Ideno, from post 16...

Freudian Slips

Post 26

I'm not really here

Tch, sorry! I must learn to turn the page over before I post...

Freudian Slips

Post 27

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Anyone know this joke? More of a spoonerism I suppose, followed by a whole Freudian dress....

Two businessmen decide they need to travel to Pittsburgh in order to close a deal, so one goes to the nearby travel agency to buy tickets. When he gets there he sees that the female agent at the booth is very well endowed and is wearing a low-cut blouse. Flustered, he walks up to her and says *Two pickets to Titsburgh, please!*
Later, after he has sorted out the mess and has the tickets, he goes back to the office and explains what happened to his associate. *Why, that's nothing!* says his co-worker. *Once I wanted to ask my wife to pass the toast and instead I said "You b!tch, you ruined my life!"*

smiley - ok

Freudian Slips

Post 28

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

smiley - ermThat happened to me once. I don’t want to talk about it. smiley - cry

Freudian Slips

Post 29

pablitocline

not sure if it's exactly a freudian slip but very funny...

I had an english teacher at college & we were talking about language in product branding - he mentioned Virgin & then said (with the straightest face):

'I heard there's even Virgin condoms now which is a big growth area'

you can't make this stuff up.

Freudian Slips

Post 30

smiley - yikes

Freudian Slips

Post 31

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

My science teacher completely skipped the part on reproduction. I wonder why smiley - huh

Freudian Slips

Post 32

Freudian Slips

Post 33

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

smiley - laugh

I heard of this one from Bargain Hunt which apparently went something like....

David Dickinson to contestant (?) - "I hear you're a bit of a knockers man."
"Yes," he replied. "I've come across quite a few in my time."

And then there was the time I innocently enquired about the Man from Del Monte, because would you really want to buy his brand of fruit if he'd had a good nibble on your pear (sounds much better when spoken!).

Freudian Slips

Post 34

smiley - yikes

Freudian Slips

Post 35

Mikeo the gregarious

I think we've already had the pear-nibbling one about the Man from Del Monte - the Bargain Hunt one was very good though! I think there were similar sorts of moment in Blue Peter in the early 80s - particularly when Simon Groom was involved. (e.g. talking about a lovely pair of [door] knockers)

Freudian Slips

Post 36

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

The possibilities are endless, especially where kid's TV is involved smiley - biggrin

I did hear of a transcript of Rainbow where apparently Bungle declared he'd been banging his balls all night and was subsequently very tired smiley - weird

Freudian Slips

Post 37

smiley - yikes

Freudian Slips

Post 38

confused

i remember the slip of the tongue on the tv show- the waltons. It was where John-boy shouted " how would you like to hang by the balls from the christmas tree!smiley - erm"

Freudian Slips

Post 39

pdante'

Was she sucking a 'Tourettes' at the time?smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more