A Conversation for The h2g2 Language Thing

I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 601

lynn_fungirl

lynn_fungirl 5922497
WLTL:Oh yes! Latin

Hi folks, on the things you might need to know bit, I am fifty years old, maybe not the quickest of scholar's but have a great deal of determination and have to date never failed to achieve my goals. I went to secondary modern in blackpool and left to make my way in the world at the tender age of fifteen. I am looking forward to learning somthing of value in my declining years (catch up on all that lost schooling pehaps) hope to hear back. Lynn.

Post 602

echomikeromeo

Hi Lynn, and welcome to the unfortunately somewhat defunct Language Thing. There's not too much activity in these parts anymore, I'm afraid, but I was once the head of a somewhat active Latin Department, so if you're interested please stop by the department at A3235628 and try to revive some of the threads. I'll be there, trying to recall the Latin I haven't used in two years, if you need a hand.smiley - smiley

Post 603

jdhatl

U-number:
WLTL: Brazilian Portugese
WLTP: German
WLTT: German

Post 604

Sapna- Melt hearts NOT ice caps <3

U-number:6330087
WLTL: mandarin
WLTP: french
WLTT: english
Anything else we need to know:
i am learning french at school but i would like to practice the words here so i can get use to it.

Post 605

Susanne - if it ain't broke, break it!

Hi rcc! Echomikeromeo just reactivated the french-speaking thread, feel free to join... F1819939

Post 606

k will do
thanks
smiley - biggrinsmiley - smiley

Post 607

Tattered-Hat

U-number: What?
WLTL: Italian, French, Gaelic
WLTP: Latin
WLTT: Spanish
Anything else we need to know: Que es un 'U-Number'? Quid est 'U-number'? What is a 'U-Number'?

Post 608

echomikeromeo

Hi, Tattered-Hat!

I'm sorry to say it's not too busy round these parts these days... smiley - sadface but you'll find the Spanish department at A2660087, the Latin department at A3235628 and French at A2658684. Jump in and try to breathe life into the old threads, if you so choose! You'd be most welcome.

Oh, and your U-number is the number in the URL of your Personal Space that begins with "U". It's your h2g2 "ID number" - for example, mine's U929375.smiley - smiley

Post 609

Tattered-Hat

Okay, thanks.
I'm new, if you hadn't guessed. So, my number-thing is U6788102.

Post 610

smiley - smiley
we like new people to our site

Post 611

echomikeromeo

Yes indeed!smiley - biggrin

Post 612

smiley - smiley

Post 613

Susanne - if it ain't broke, break it!

smiley - smiley

*I thought it was time for me to post something again smiley - erm*

Post 614

me to

Post 615

Clip_per

U-number: U4636704
WLTL: Spanish
WLTP:
WLTT:
Anything else we need to know: I'm awful at languagessmiley - doh.

Post 616

echomikeromeo

Hi Clip_per!

I'm afraid things aren't too active around these parts nowadays, but you're welcome to have a prowl round the Spanish department at A2660087 and see what there is to see.smiley - smiley

Post 617

Plebis -- Wielder of Swords, Sayer of 'Sodit' and Thingite Arch Recruiting Sergent for the Grand Warlord Clive the Flying Ostrich [back from touring the universe]

U-number: 7072269
WLTL:already have!
WLTP:maybe
WLTT:yes
Anything else we need to know: I am in Latin IV currently,(How did I get this far?) and I may be able to aid in teaching.

Post 618

echomikeromeo

Hi Plebis! The Language Thing's not all that active nowadays, but back in the good old days I was head of the Latin department at A3235628. Come on over and hang out if you like.

Post 619

Daizzy

U-number: 1693265
WLTL: Italian
WLTP: french and german
WLTT: french and english!
Anything else we need to know: I'm study9ing for my french GCSE this year, and I'm taking spanish and german next year as two of my options. My french is two years early, so I really need all the practise I can get!

Post 620

echomikeromeo

Bonjour Daizzy!

There's not too much activity round these parts these days, but you'll find the French department at A2658684 and the German department at A2718001, so feel free to poke around and discourse to your heart's content.

(Je passerai l'examen d'AP (equivalent a les "A-levels") en francais en trois semaines, donc je serais heureuse de parler en francais avec vous.
smiley - smiley
I will be taking the French AP exam (equivalent to A-levels) in three weeks, so I'd be happy to speak French with you.)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more