This is the Message Centre for Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

The Bachelorette

Post 1

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

You might remember my excited journal entry, some time ago, about finishing my Donne paper, and thus my BA obligations.

Well, this last Tuesday I got the grade for it (as befitting a paper that was turned in at the last moment - and as befitting this professor, really - the grade was given about a day before the last possible date).

smiley - crackersmiley - boingsmiley - somersaultsmiley - wowsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - divasmiley - biggrinYIIPPPEEEEE!!!smiley - discosmiley - wowsmiley - somersaultsmiley - geek

So with this, my degree could finally be closed, with a 90.1 average (that's just 3 or 4 points below honours - which I'd have had if it weren't for some not-so-good grades in my second year).
I'm terribly proud of myself, tell ya what. smiley - biggrin

The actual ceremony-thing isn't till June, but still, officially I have a BA.
smiley - wow

On with the MA, now...

The Bachelorette

Post 2

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

Whooo-hooo, and loads of smiley - applause to you, good Lady. Very well done. smiley - hug

The Bachelorette

Post 3

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

smiley - hug Thank you!

The Bachelorette

Post 4

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

smiley - applausesmiley - goodluck
Traveller in Time smiley - tit reading close
"Good work smiley - wow.

Is that a new word? 'Bachelorette' or are you trying to find a GoogleWhack ? smiley - biggrin "

The Bachelorette

Post 5

AlexAshman

smiley - applausesmiley - bubbly

The Bachelorette

Post 6

Trin Tragula

>>The actual ceremony-thing isn't till June, but still, officially I have a BA<<

In the UK, you'd be a 'graduand' at this point. Very odd word.

Yeah, you're right - bachelorette is better smiley - biggrin

Congratulations! smiley - somersaultsmiley - bubbly

The Bachelorette

Post 7

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Happydancing round the room with you!

smiley - towel

The Bachelorette

Post 8

smiley - biggrin

'Bachelorette' is not a made-up word - it's just since I've finished my bachelor's degree, and since I cannot be a bachelor, it seemed to make sense that I'd be a bachelorette...

I did not know the term 'graduand', though. smiley - ok Odd word indeed, but very useful. Thanks Trin!

[bloody hootoo errors, just had to rewrite my post! *shakes fist*]

Thanks everyone else, too. smiley - hug How's everybody? It's so hard to catch up on all the journals and stuff!

The Bachelorette

Post 9

Scandrea

Congratulations!

Doing your MA in the US?

The Bachelorette

Post 10

Clip_per

REALLY WELL DONE! smiley - applausesmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rose

Clip

The Bachelorette

Post 11

Leo

Isn't a female bachelor a spinster? smiley - tongueout Congrats!

Maybe you can give me a hand - I'm studying Donne this semester... smiley - winkeye Great stuff, Donne. smiley - applause

The Bachelorette

Post 12

Cool. smiley - smiley I actually got to like Donne, so sure, drop by if you have any questions. At the very least I might be able to point you to some online resources, or something...

Oh, and Scan, no, not in the USA. smiley - tongueoutDo keep up dear! I've already started my MA (Translation Studies) this year, here at Hebrew U. Just started the second semester, in fact.
I guess I might go study abroad at _some_ point - I think I'd like that, if I could - but I don't know anything yet.

The Bachelorette

Post 13

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - wowsmiley - applause

The Bachelorette

Post 14

zendevil

smiley - applausesmiley - bubblysmiley - applausesmiley - bubblysmiley - applause

Well done you!!!!

zdt

The Bachelorette

Post 15

smiley - biggrinsmiley - ta

The Bachelorette

Post 16

Vestboy

You clever thing you. So you've done Donne and now your done. Well done! smiley - cheers

The Bachelorette

Post 17

smiley - laugh
Yeah, I'm all donne, me.

The Bachelorette

Post 18

NuclearConfusion -Not a lot of money in the revenge business

Such a fix. A year late, and you get a 100 on it.

It's a good thing you're so cute.

The Bachelorette

Post 19

smiley - blush
*mumble* I don't think that's the reason for it...

The Bachelorette

Post 20

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post

The Bachelorette

More Conversations for Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more