A Conversation for Relaxation Techniques

Music

Post 1

spook

Calm, relaxing music is very good at the end of the day to relax your body for a good night's sleep. Something soothing, gentle, is what you want, as loud rock music makes your body more tense an active.

Music

Post 2

TeaKay

I find actually playing an instrument relaxing, as long as you play something you can play well- if you keep hitting the wrong note, it only winds you up and makes you tense... but if you can sit and strum/ pluck/ blow/ etc for a while, it's almost guaranteed to wind you back down after a hard day.

Related to the last post, sometimes if you've had a really bad day, if you start off with something heavy and then work your way down to something a little smoother it's more effective.

TKsmiley - pirate

Music

Post 3

misha_franklin

listening to classical music works quite well for me when im doing school work

Music

Post 4

Nireena

I have different playlists set up in my mp3 player for whatever mood I'm in. I'm currently putting together a "sleep" list since I often having trouble sleeping.

smiley - musicalnote

smiley - star

Music

Post 5

shiney thumb

'Rainbow Dome music' by Steve Hillage is good one

Music

Post 6

EncyBass-: Not going to be around much next week, cos I've got a new job...

I've always found a great way to relax is to put something really upbeat and dirty on (anything from Aerosmith's "Get a Grip" being a great example).
You might not feel chilled out, but you're definitely grinning. And the more of those endorphins that get released, the better, right?
smiley - boingEncyBass

Music

Post 7

Toastie Socks

I like listening to Eminem, it makes me relax, because it's music I like, you can't dance to it or mosh to it, so you basically sit and listen to the lyrics, and I find that very rlaxing.

Music

Post 8

Star Light

I lisson to my music while cleaning house, an my kids are at play in the back.smiley - smiley It sometimes relaxes me, while I am lissoning to it. while taken a ride in the car.
I feel like I'm smiley - flyhi in the sky.
smiley - love lissoning to soft rock, or the oldies.
KAG
smiley - rose

Music

Post 9

Jessie, queen of the strange - Nirvana rocks my socks!

Bizarrely enough, classical or soothing music does nothing for me; I've gotta have something angry. Grunge usually works, and I often fall asleep listening to Nirvana or Silverchair. I don't understand why.

Music

Post 10

Big Craig

I like to listen to something that's not too loud, but not quiet. I listen to a live Paul McCartney CD that I got a while back, and a Simon and Garfunkel CD, too. Doing work is easier when your singing "Mother Nature's Son". At least that's what I think. But it works for me. And after all the work is done, sitting down in a comfy chair with a hot cup of green tea and a disc in the player, loud enough to be keeping the cat from sneaking behind the speakers, but not loud enough to be bothersome. That IS relaxation, just keep sure to put your tea down if you start to drift. Spilling a hot cup of well, anything really, tends to irritate.

Music

Post 11

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

Anything I can sing along to is usually good for relaxing, particularly in the car. People do give you funny looks if you're belting out Therapy? at full blast, though, particularly some of the more profane lyrics...

The best song to relax me is The Ying Tong Song by The Goons. No matter how black my mood, I'm always smiling by the end of it!

Music

Post 12

Theneedforspeed (God of small talk, beer connoisseur and mindless instrument of the Dark Side)

Dire Straits does it for me....smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post