This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

After much thought and reflection

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

I've decided not to stay away for as long as I was going to.

I have had such wonderfully supportive e-mails and messages that I feel I would be letting my friends down.

I've not got the strength right now to go running around hootoo so I'll be staying in a very small area. I'll be keeping in contact with my friends journals and messages and also working through PR.

If anyone sees anything that might upset me, could I ask that you do not bring my attention to it? I don't wish to see it. If you do see anything that would upset me, perhaps you could have that particular posting removed. smiley - smiley

I'm quite sore at the moment from the accident yesterday. The car isn't that badly damaged considering it was a 38 tonne truck that hit us. We were about a foot away from clearing the lorry completely.

The lorry was overtaking cars. He said he didn't see us. He said he was looking in his mirrors to make sure he had cleared the last car and was pulling over. He just didn't see us.

All I can be grateful for was the chevroned area which we had to go into, else we would have been squished against the barrier and the lorry.

The car looks like mainly scratches and a small dent in it. G had the car taken to the BMW centre and they estimate it will cost around £600 or so to get it fixed. We were just sooo close although I can tell you that a lorry just touching you feels a darn site worse that it actually was.

I did hit my head, but the bump has gone down now and my neck isn't quite so sore.

All in all, it's been a bad few days, but hey...it can only get better. smiley - smiley

Post 2

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

smiley - hug

Post 3

Best not squeeze too hard

Post 4

Icy North

It's already getting better - welcome back! smiley - smiley

Post 5

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit daily taking part in traffic jams again
"Get well soon smiley - towel

Try not to stay online too long your neck needs to rest a lot smiley - smiley "

Post 6

Hiya Tsmiley - titT

I've been in work since it happened, although my chair is just the right height to be able to lean back and rest the neck.

Icy. Thank you for the welcome back smiley - smiley

Post 7

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

This day is getting better and better smiley - smiley

gentlesmiley - cuddle

and thank you to the Guardian smiley - angels who were watching over you and G

smiley - grovel

Post 8

Geggs

GreyDesk had a crash yesterday as well, though it seems he came of a lot lighter - F63554?thread=3658424

I've had a Transit go into me before, but not a 38 tonne truck. I'm just thankful that you came out of it not too badly.smiley - cuddle

Geggs

Post 9

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

so glad to see you smiley - biggrin

Post 10

"and thank you to the Guardian s who were watching over you and G"

I think it was my nan

"GreyDesk had a crash yesterday as well, though it seems he came of a lot lighter - F63554?thread=3658424"

I've left him a message.

"I've had a Transit go into me before, but not a 38 tonne truck. I'm just thankful that you came out of it not too badly."

Me too

"so glad to see you smiley - smiley"

I'm glad to be smiling

Post 11

aka Bel - A87832164

Glad to see you back, and even more glad that you're better than the days before smiley - cuddle

Post 12

Thank you B'El smiley - hug

Post 13

Rockhound

smiley - hug and a smiley - cuddle

Glad you're ok. Got nerfed myself (thankfully at slow speed) by an articulated lorry in December 04, so can sort of symapthise. smiley - tea always available.

Post 14

Rockhound

and managed to cross post in this space not the one about the lorry.

Offer of smiley - tea still stands.

Post 15

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

you dare stay away and I'll stop the Ponte cakessmiley - tongueout

Post 16

Serephina

smiley - cuddle

Post 17

Wilma Neanderthal

smiley - cuddle from me too, it's wonderful to see for ourselves that you're ok, VV.

Wilma

Post 18

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Great to have the smiley - angel back with the smiley - zen people, and in one piece...

smiley - smooch

smiley - musicalnote

Post 19

Serephina

Remember the bag next time VV smiley - tongueout

Post 20

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

*tisk* smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post