A Conversation for The Mother of All Gooses

The Contrary Garden

Post 241

Buttercup the Pantomime Cow

*Buttercup follows Styx*

[Back]:

smiley - musicalnote
Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about?

[Front]: SHAFT!

[Back]: Right On, Sister!

[Front]: No, I'm sticking to the left like the rat said.

[Back]: No, I meant... SHAFT!

[Front]: I've already done that bit.

[Back]: *uses her VR glove to float over the shaft* No, I meant... OUCH! *Back hits the roof of the cave*

[Front]: I don't remember that being in the song.

[Back]: smiley - sigh


The Contrary Garden

Post 242

The Ghost of Zello (now with a crash helmet and goggles)

smiley - ghost

OOOoooOOooOOooo [Never mind, Reb, it's just a singing cow]

OOOOooooOOOooo [I know it's horrible, but the shaft is the best shortcut to the top]

OOooooOOOOooo [Now that we're up here, give me a hand with this boulder]

*A rather large boulder near the top of the spire, starts to rock slightly.*

OoooooOOOOOOOOOOO [Put some muscle into it, Reb]

*The boulder rocks a little more, then teeters, then starts to roll, following the inclined stairway. It gathers speed as it circles the spire and enters the tunnel system.*

OOO OOO OOO [Ha ha! Let's see that durn posse get out of this one!]


The Contrary Garden

Post 243

Garius Lupus

*Pierrot cocks his head, listening to the rumbling from above*

Pierrot: Aaaawwwwwwkkkkk! Seen that movie. Raiders of the lost ark.


The Contrary Garden

Post 244

Robyn Bankes

Is that thunder?


The Contrary Garden

Post 245

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I ~hate~ tunnels. Have we got any biscuits left from the last tea breaks? There's a cookie monster ahead, Styx says.


The Contrary Garden

Post 246

Titania (gone for lunch)

What was it that Pierrot just said? Raiders of the lost ark? Hmmmm... is it that part where they are tied to this pole and those things get out of the... no, not that one... is it when he rides a submarine? No, that doesn't fit in either... *but 'submarine' seems to ring a bell somehow*


The Contrary Garden

Post 247

Coniraya

Don't worry, Lil I haven't opened the Custard Creams yet. I'm sure we can tempt the Raiders with them too.


The Contrary Garden

Post 248

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

That's a very worrying rumbling noise. It reminds me of something smiley - erm.


The Contrary Garden

Post 249

The Late Cookie Monster


*from the darkness immediately ahead*

WORRRRRRRRRRRRGH!


The Contrary Garden

Post 250

The Late Cookie Monster

*becomes aware of loud rumbling sound*


Worrrgh?


The Contrary Garden

Post 251

Coniraya

*opens the packet of Custard Creams*

*holds them out, at the ready*


The Contrary Garden

Post 252

Three Blind Mice

*scurrying into a small crack in the wall*

Take cover!
Take cover!
Take cover!


The Contrary Garden

Post 253

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*joins the mice in the crack in the wall*


The Contrary Garden

Post 254

Buttercup the Pantomime Cow

[Front]: Aargh! A monster! Reverse! Reverse!

[Back]: Gorgonzola!


The Contrary Garden

Post 255

Purr in Boots

smiley - cat
[Purr] Gorrgon's hole, huh? Ai was wonderring what that ssmell was! Arre we sstaying to the leewarrd path or--Oommf! Wait... Where arre yeou...(getting bumped by the butt end of the Pantomime Cow)...trrying to sstep? Urrk! Yeou know, therre is not room...Ouch!...forr yeou to be thrrashing about...(finds one of his boots pinned under the hoof of the large bovine)...like thi-i-i-sss...

**Purr leans too far backward, even for a cat, and loses his balance. He flails at the air, to no avail, and splashes into a standing puddle of water that had only moments before been occupied by a periscope. Oddly enough, the puddle is only inches deep, but that particular mystery isn't the primary thing on Purr's mind as he--once again--gets soaked to the skin.**

[Purr] Thrrrr-pht-pht-thrrrr... Hope that did not ssoak the cookies intended as a brribe for the monsterr. smiley - erm

**In his prone position on the floor of the tunnel, Purr's sensitive ears pick up a low-grade rumbling sound that seems to be building in volume rapidly to a crashing-rock-rolling-down-the-corridors noise.**
smiley - yikes
[Purr] Pleasse tell me that is jusst a 'tummy rumble', my Queer Dean of Dairy.
smiley - cat


The Contrary Garden

Post 256

Thistle Howl - a frighteningly cute Critter of the Night

*seeing Buttercup come charging at her Thistle (rather than intelligently getting out of the way) tries something she's seen on Animal Planet. She feints nipping at the cow's legs, then tries to stare Buttercup down like a border collie.*

Now see here, you! I'm going to do a walk up, and you are going to come about, and you are going to settle down, got it?

*this would be more effective if Thistle knew how to bark, but in this she hasn't a clue.*


The Contrary Garden

Post 257

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - erm
Hey, folks, I know this virtual TIH&G thingy transmits a wealth of sensory data to the user, but does that mean if we 'see' ourselves bowled over by a boulder, will we FEEL it, too?
smiley - yikes
B4i'mflattenedlikeapancake


The Contrary Garden

Post 258

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I'm already claustrophobic and now I have to squeeze into an even smaller space?? smiley - yikes

Where? *Lil has become separated from the others in the sudden chaos, and now reaches for her smiley - dragon lighter nanogun and clicks it on*

Holy Smokes! There's a monster up ahead!


The Contrary Garden

Post 259

Buttercup the Pantomime Cow

*Buttercup runs backwards towards Lil*

[Back]: It may not be our best angle, Madam, but there's no need to be rude.


The Contrary Garden

Post 260

The Late Cookie Monster

*the smiley - dragon flame allows the cookie monster to see the oncoming boulder*

WORRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! [Stop, trespasser!]

*charges at the rock, which splinters in all directions on impact with the cookie monster*

*the cookie monster sits down hard*

worgh!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more