Hitchhiker's Guide to Edited Guide – a Celebration

0 Conversations

Hitchhiker's Guide to Edited Guide – a Celebration

In a vague connection with this month's Create Challenge about the inspiration of Douglas Adams and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, we bring you interviews with three Researchers who have helped to build the Earth Edition of the Hitchhiker's Guide here on h2g2.com. We asked the question: 'Out of the Entries you have written, do you have any particular favourites?'

First is SashaQ, who has contributed 90 Solo Entries to the Edited Guide and is working towards the 100 Solo Entries badge.

A selection of Dandies
Four Entries that I would class as favourites, as they captured (in quick succession) what I think of as my defining interests, are: John Deacon - Bass Guitarist of Queen, Count Sandor Vay - A Transgender Icon, Ada Lovelace - Mathematician and Computer Scientist and Christopher Nolan - Author and Disabled Person. I would also like to add The Evolution of the Dandies, because it was a pleasing challenge to research it and write it in a different style from my other Entries, and 'The Road to El Dorado' - the Film, that I dedicated to my partner as it is a film we would have enjoyed watching together.

Second is Dmitri Gheorgheni, who was awarded the 175 Solo Entries badge in 2018.

The Pittsburgh Dinosaur

I have so many fond memories of the research behind most of these. But three stood out when you asked the question:

I'm proud of the Pittsburgh entry because it takes a very long view of the subject. Also because the mayor of Pittsburgh's office has acknowledged its existence on Twitter.

The apocalypse entry is an example of how practical the Guide can be. It even has useful diagrams!

Finally, the Kurt Gerstein entry proves to doubters that my writing is not all about the snark. Some things need to be remembered.

And last but by no means least is Bluebottle, who is the first-ever recipient of the 400 Solo Entries Badge!

A Brontosaurus emerges from a book to eat some lettuce being offered by a human hand

I've narrowed it to 11, if that helps…?

Create Challenge Archive

Guide Editors

28.01.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Picked by Scout

A87928294

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more