I bet you were expecting to see the answers, but no – I thought I'd confuse you all and sneak in another page of questions…
Quick Fire Round: Winter and Weather
Like everyone else, who on the Isle of Wight doesn't enjoy talking about the weather. Can You identify the correct meteorological terms from those listed below?
|Shelten In||Soaking wet|
|Shrammed||Twilight, shortening of days|
|Sluttish||Numb or frozen with cold|
|Slush||Sudden light shower of rain|
Quick Fire Round: All Creatures Great and Small
Can You match the correct animals from those listed below? Bonus points are available if you make animal noises while doing it.
|Skent||Young growing pig|
|Skenter||Young growing pigs|
|Slips||To feed animals|
|Smellers||Looseness in cattle.|
|Snig||Hen ready to sit on eggs|
|Squitters||Diarrhoea in cattle|
|Stoon-hoss||Weak, starving animal|
|Stout||Last milk drawn from a cow being milked|
|Straddle-bob||Animal that would not fatten|
Another Main Round
As before, there are three possible answers listed for each word below, but only one is correct. Can You guess which is right?
- Something of significance.
- To provide a caption for a picture or photograph.
- In my opinion.
- Nickname of the Simple Simon who spoke to the pieman.
- What the preacher gives at church.
- Clothes with padded bottoms, worn when expecting to spend long times sitting on hard surfaces such as church pews.
- Visitors who have outstayed their welcome.
- Skimmed milk or cream.
- Someone who is very thin.
- Riding a horse bareback.
- To fall over when climbing a slippery slope.
- Clumsy, loutish, ignorant person.
- A poorly-harnessed horse cart.
- Slovenly or dirty woman.
- A slagheap.
- Pot-based noodle snack – just add hot water.
- Someone snoozing.
- Nestle close together.
- A snooty, snobby snob.
- Ploughing a snowy, frozen field.
- Snuffle and/or talk through the nose.
- Staying somewhere briefly.
- A soldier.
- At some time.
- Maths, adding of sums.
- To rush, suddenly increase speed.
- Demand made by a highwayman.
- Candlestick holder.
- A tortoise.
- Meteorite or shooting star.
Click on the picture for the answers (or are there more questions?)
H - I - J - K - L -
N - O - P - Q - R - S