Welcome, step in and meet with us ...
Forum Page Last Updated: 25 December 2004
- General revamp.
How 'bout dem ...
Click on the team name below and it'll take you to a thread where you can discuss the latest ponderings. If the team you want to discuss isn't shown, add a thread (with the appropriate title) and I'll add the link here during my next updates.
We're all budding NFL stars but no-one believes us. So we've started our own franchise, yet to be named. Request your shirt numbers and suggest a name for the team here.
|13||QB||Blatherskite the Mugwump||Miami Dolphins|
|27||HB||Fiedlers Fizzle||Miami Dolphins|
|80||WR||Researcher Eagle 1*||Philadelphia Eagles|
|83||WR||Egon*||New England Patriots|
|84||TE||Blues Shark||Seattle Seahawks|
|75||DE||Bright Blue Shorts||Oakland Raiders|
|54||MLB||Researcher 239638||Chicago Bears|
|?||Def-LB||KiltedJedi||San Francisco 49ers|
Kansas City Chiefs
|1||K||PatsFanUK||New England Patriots|
|Waived at start of 2003 season|
|Gladly, the cross-eyed bear||Carolina Panthers|
|* on injured reserve|
We run a weekly predictions league. Details of the standings and results so far are over at Amfoot Predictions Competition 2004 page.
- At the start of the week someone will post a list of the weekend's fixtures.
- You predict which team will win each game.
- After the actual games have been played, someone evaluates all the predictions and announces a winner for the week.
- To be considered as the winner for the overall season you will need to participate on at least 12 weeks of the 17-week regular season.
- The overall winner will be the person with the best winning percentage.
- The tie-breaker will be having won on the most individual weeks.
Click on the week number to get to the appropriate thread.
2003 Predictions Winner - Wildman - 168 of 256 correct - 0.6563
2002 Predictions Winner - Researcher Eagle 1 - 0.6161 winning percentage
Other Games We Play
Along the way we've had some good times, we've had some funs, we've played some games. Of course the Amfoot Trivia Questions are across the way, but there are also these games to play.
H2G2 Fantasy Football League
Commissioner Blathers has set us up the H2G2 Fantasy Amfoot League over on Yahoo! Wildman has done us the honour of setting up a page for it. You can find out how we're doing over there.
Amfoot Trivia Questions - Hall of Fame
The ATQHoF now has 2 members Fiedlers Fizzle and Blues Shark. Click here to go visit the Hall.
The Trivia Questions themselves have been split off to their own entry to avoid them dominating the Forum.
Sightings of Football Paraphenalia
Especially if you're based outside of the States, keep us updated on any sightings of football shirts or associated paraphenalia. Was it a Titan in Tescos or a Denver fan in the Dog and Duck? Make sure you let us know.
Some Useful Links
- A good website for Football Statistics discussion is FootballOutsiders. Enjoy!
- The NFL.com website
- A superb website chronicling the now-defunct USFL of the 1980s.
- An excellent website containing historical and current news about the game in Britain.
- Everything you could want to see in the world of helmets!
- A guide to stadia of the NFL - past and present.