h2g2 Post 12.09.02

0 Conversations


Posted: 12th September 2002

Editorial

A time for reflection

This week has been one in which most of us on h2g2 have had cause to stop and reflect on the events which occured this time last year. Images which had been pushed to the back of our minds have been re-opened and the feelings of horror, dismay and sympathy re-awakened. I found words hard to express then - and I still do now. None of us who weren't there that day can truly imagine what those survivors and eye-witnesses, fire fighters and policemen, nurses and doctors and the people on the scene who just needed to do something, anything, to help, really went through. Nor can we think of most of the occupants of the World Trade Center or the Pentagon or the passengers on the planes- especially those on flight UA 93, who were probably very aware of their fate, without questioning what their final thoughts may have been and how we would have felt and reacted.

Ceremonies and memorial services have taken place throughout the world and the anniversary has attracted worldwide press coverage. Some articles concentrate on the victims, some on the outrage and some on the hopes that one horrific day of terrorism will not, in turn, lead to more innocent blood being shed. One would hope that, despite all the heartache, feelings of vengeance may be tempered with humanity and cries for war with love of peace and avoidance of inflicting anguish on yet more innocents.

shazzPRME


 
 
FeaturesRegulars

  • AGG/GAG

  • Sir Bossel relays his second AGG/GAG edition

  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A810424

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more