A Conversation for H2G2 Researchers Top 10 CD's

Top 10 Closed for Business!

Post 941

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

nah it#s okaysmiley - smiley


Top 10 Closed for Business!

Post 942

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

I'm bored!


U1 has a entry that was interesting in a hollow, lonesome and archaic way. Mabie I'll do some work


Top 10 Closed for Business!

Post 943

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

I@m bored too, though I have a feeling I should go and sleep...


Top 10 Closed for Business!

Post 944

Aurora

You're a teenager. That's natural. smiley - winkeye


Top 10 Closed for Business!

Post 945

driftin67...drifter thru time and space, lover of life, seeker of wisdom, and friend and supporter of the honest and just...

No , thats too many drugs or not enough life


Top 10 Closed for Business!

Post 946

driftin67...drifter thru time and space, lover of life, seeker of wisdom, and friend and supporter of the honest and just...

No , thats too many drugs or not enough life


Billy's Girl's Top Ten CDs

Post 947

Stephanie: who is for once in her life blissfully happy and content

1. Linkin Park: Reanimation(15:My December)
2. Cat Stevens: Greatest Hits(Peace Train)
3. Good Charlotte: Lifestyles of the Young and the Hopeless (Bloody Valentine)
4. Our Lady Peace: Gravity (Innocent)
5. Our Lady Peace: Spiritual Machines (Life)
6. Savage Garden: Affirmation (Two Beds and a Coffee Machine)
7. Sugarcult: Start Static (Pretty Girl(The Way))
8. The Steve Miller Band: Greatest Hits 1974-78 (The Joker)
9. Bush: 6teen Stone (Glycerine)
10.Sublime: Sublime (What I Got)


Krispy Kreme's top 10

Post 948

Researcher U197087

1. Pixies - Purple Tape (In Heaven)
2. Pixies - Surfer Rosa (Where Is My Mind)
3. Pixies - Doolittle (Silver)
4. Pixies - Bossanova (Cecillia Ann)
5. Pixies - Trompe Le Monde (Motorway To Roswell)
6. Radiohead - Ok Computer (Subterranean Homesick Alien)
7. Beck - Sea Change (Golden Age)
8. Global Communication - 76:14 (Track 2)
9. Brian Eno - Apollo (Weightless)
10. Massive Attack - Protection (Protection)


HELP!

Post 949

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Right I'll update the list to includ yours asap, then however I need some help. I'd like peoples suggestions on how I could work an idea I had.

The idea is to make an entry about the main bands that h2g2 like or something and give researchers quotes on the subject etc...problem is I don't know what I could really do for it, could someoen please have a think smiley - grovel I'd be auwfully gratefulsmiley - smiley


Why this Top 10?

Post 950

egon

What is it about h2g2's Top Ten bands that got them there? Why do you like them? Why are the great?

The Beatles- timeless classic pop. Not overly intellectually stimulating or emotionally rousing, but among the best pop music there has ever been

Radiohead- sheer unadulterated dirge-like, miserable, depression-inducing bilge. Only decent songs they ever recorded were Creep and Street Spirit. Number 2? Are you sure?

Nirvana-anger mixed with the surprisingly melodic nature of, in particular, the fantastic "Unplugged" album. Spearheaded a musical movement (may not have started it, but were certainly the public face) and recorded the second-best version of Bowie's The Man Who sold the world (not as good as Lulu's)

Pixies- weren't too bad, but I wouldn't say they were among an all time top 10.

Coldplay-Hmm, three good songs and they're in the top 10? Often approach Radiohead in depression stakes.

Dire Straits- Wonderful. the distinctive guitar-picking of Mark Knopfler and the variety of tempos mixed with some all-time classic songs (from the meditative "Brothers In Arms" through the upbeat "Romeo and Juliet" to the downright cheerful "Walk of Life", Knopfler is a genius pure and simple- his habit for crafting songs hasn't abandoned him, either.

U2-Lot of good stuff, mixed with the odd criminally bad idea, but on balance, really rather spiffing. The Joshua Tree album in partyicular is among my top 50, and the much-covered One is wonderful.

Pink Floyd- Hmm. did *some( very good songs (wish you were, money, shine on you crazy diamond, another brick in the wall, careful with that axe eugene) and had some very interesting concepts but were also responsible for much pretentious crap.

Meatloaf- classic pomp-rock merchant. Magnificently overbloewn Jim Steinman rock anthems just aren't the same sunfg by anyoen else. Not only does the Loaf have a good voice, and a cracking selection of tunes, his personality, and the feeling he puts into his songsis just as important. A showman more than a singer.

Muse- you got to be sh*tting me?


Why this Top 10?

Post 951

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Okay hold your horses, I'm trying to update the list, didn't get the chance last night when I updated the page.


Jessie's Top Ten

Post 952

Jessie, queen of the strange - Nirvana rocks my socks!

1. Nirvana - Rape Me (In Utero)
2. Nirvana - Floyd the Barber (Bleach)
3. The Dandy Warhols - Not If You Were the Last Junkie On Earth (13 Tales From Urban Bohemia)
4. The White Stripes - Fell In Love With a Girl (White Blood Cells)
5. Nirvana - Drain You (Nevermind)
6. The Distillers - The Young Crazed Peeling (Sing, Sing, Death House)7. Nirvana - Serve the Servants (In Utero)
8. Nine Inch Nails - Hurt (The Downward Spiral)
9. Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These (Smells Like Children)
10. Sunny Day Real Estate - 47 (Diary)

Yeah... so I like Nirvana...


h2g2 Researchers' Top Ten CDs

Post 953

JockMacAbre

Hey... Emily... Check out post 151 on this forum....
That was me!! lmao xxx


h2g2 Researchers' Top Ten CDs

Post 954

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Cooolsmiley - bigeyessmiley - cuddle

thanks Jessie that'll bulk up Nirvana's scoresmiley - ok


h2g2 Researchers' Top Ten CDs

Post 955

Jessie, queen of the strange - Nirvana rocks my socks!

Always happy to help.


The Beatles in DNA's wisdom

Post 956

Semiquaver

The Beatles (to be specific) put a lot of musical ideas into the mainstream that had simply not been there before. As DNA himself put it while reminiscing about his schooldays (or, "...what was going on in the background while I was trying to listen to the Beatles"smiley - winkeye), "I sang in the school choir and knew how to listen for harmony and counterpoint, and it was clear to me that the Beatles were something extraordinarily clever. It bewildered me that no one else could hear it: impossible harmonies and part playing you had never (<italics&gtsmiley - winkeyeheard(</italics&gtsmiley - winkeye in pop songs before." Perfectly put. I thought that "Beatles 1" should have gotten in there, though. It HAS all the good stuff...


The Beatles in DNA's wisdom

Post 957

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Thank You so much Semiquaver, that is exactly the kinda of comment I'm looking for thanks you smiley - cuddle just need a few more to come and comment nowsmiley - erm

*goes to change her name again*


The Beatles in DNA's wisdom

Post 958

Aurora

smiley - yikes "Sheer unadulterated dirge-like, miserable, depression-inducing bilge"? Surely not?


The Beatles in DNA's wisdom

Post 959

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

Radiohead arn't that bad!


The Beatles in DNA's wisdom

Post 960

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Radiohead aren't all that bad, but I agree, they're a mite on the depressing side for me


Key: Complain about this post

Top 10 Closed for Business!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more