A Conversation for functional viewer dysfunctions

you daft little bugger!

Post 1

zendevil

And so am i!

I came, i lurked, i saw you had no posts on this & thought, "aw, there's something i can do to brighten up someones life!" so here i am;

Ok, if it's really important, it's 5.49am in Angoulême, South West France; for more info just lurk my space, but no viewer tag thingy, i have enough problems trying to cope with frogsqueak, techno stuff can wait!

"sais" = To know, by the waysmiley - winkeye

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri

*wanders back to whatever thread she arrived from, wity puzzled zxpression*


you daft little bugger!

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

So that's what ten to six of a morning in SWFrance is all about then.
smiley - cheerssmiley - winkeye I do thank you for trying to cheer me up.

But for the record, there are 12 other replies to that mess of an entry complaining about my overuse of the GDML tag.
Some were angry, some had a right old laugh... Feel free to explore the other dozen conversations for a sampling.

Nut thanks for the 'brightening'. More than anything you've made me wonder how many others have never bothered to ventilate their own unique and mysterious reactions to the piece.

The entry was designed, shortly after the tag was made available in GDML, as a demonstration of the many possible abuses such a device could have. None are pleasant and I'm sure that encountering the full barrage might be quite spiritually destructive. My apologies for holding the mirror of reality so obliquely.

It was originally intended as a satirical rebuff of the technology and a warning to the h2g2 editors of the dangers it poses. But now you have me wondering if the context of the humour has reached its sell-buy date and it all just appears cruel and vindictive, a reminder of real life junk mail and soul-less websites.

I haven't read it myself in a while. If, and I propose this seriously,
you find it offensive I will be guided by your good taste (demonstrated elsewhere but never often enough) and happily remove the entry entirely.

Then again, reading it at some other time than the crack of dawn the mirror might have been quite so bedazzling...
smiley - biggrin
~jwf~


you daft little bugger!

Post 3

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Well I have just read it again and I think it still works.
smiley - nahnah
~jwf~


you daft little bugger!

Post 4

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Four weeks ago!
smiley - yikes
Was it something I said? smiley - winkeye
Or didn't say? smiley - bigeyes
Or have you just stopped staying up to watch the sunrise and decided to get some sleep instead?

I looked at your 'gallery' from a link you posted elsewhere. I wanted to see more. I found two photos and two paintings. I like the paintings. Especially the red one. But I don't understand the cheeseboxes... wouldn't the maple leaves stick to the cheese?
smiley - biggrin
~jwf~


you daft little bugger!

Post 5

zendevil


Sorry, you got a bit lost in backlog there!!!

The viewer taggy stuff is perfectly fine by me, but might be scary for a newbie, but a lot of things are scary for a newbie anyway!

smiley - ta for looking at the site, it's being updated even as we squeak; the cheeseboxes are not to everyones taste as it were & require a bit of explanation; i have various bits of hootoo where i have wittered on about them; soon will stick it all on one place, but not tonight; sleep deprivation eventually ovecomes even a professional insomniac!

squeak soon,

zdt


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more