A Conversation for Surviving Problems with H2G2

Peer Review: A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 1

spook

Entry: Surviving Problems with H2G2 - A698934
Author: spook - U183955

a few months ago, i submitted this entry to peer review and it was recommended, accepted, and subedited, but on the day it was to be on the front page it was rejected because they thought they'd sorted the problem out. i would have complained and stated how this entry was factual and prepared people for the worst before it happened, but at around the same time my mum was diagnosed with cancer and my real life situation was much more important then this entry and h2g2, so i did nothing, even thought i was extremely angry. i almost didn't come back to h2g2 after that. but i did, and i'm coming back to this entry. this entry is definately well written and good quality, and worthy of the edited guie, since it was almost there before. however, i ask that the italics check this out, and if they do not want it in the edited guide because of the same reasons as before, even though it meets all the editorial guidelines, then i ask that this entry becomes a help page. i need people's help, advice and comments on this, which is why i've submitted it to peer review, as my aim is to get it edited as an edited entry or as a help page, and this is the place for that.

please help!

spook

ps. this is the second time i've tried to submit this. i tried a few minutes ago and got an error. it was a basic internet error which is why it is not in this entry. however, i have still experienced some of the problems featured in this entry at times.


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 2

Gordon, Ringer of Bells, Keeper of Postal Codes and Maps No One Can Re-fold Properly

It's a well-written entry, though I can see why they might have changed their minds at the last minute about putting it in the Edited Guide. It does have the makings of a help page.

There were a couple of typos and inconsistencies in it. You left an "a" out of "database" and in one section near the beginning it refers to both "Researcher X" and "Researcher 1".

Good luck with this entry! smiley - smiley


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 3

spook

ok i've corrected those little mistakes. i don't personally mind whether this becomes an edited entry or a help page, so it's up to the eds on that one.

thanks! smiley - smiley

spook


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 4

spook

help, editor, someone?


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 5

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

This isn't a normal Edited Guide Entry - it's about h2g2. However, it's clear you've put a lot of work into it and it's a great piece of work wonderfully executed. What was it you wanted help with?

Whoami? smiley - cake
h2g2's Gurus - supporting the Community with their technical troubles...


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 6

spook

i know there are entries about h2g2 in the edited guide like footnotes on h2g2 so this should be ok.

what i need help with is what to do. is there a place i should go to try and get this as a help page, should i leave it here to hopefully be picked to be an edited entry, should i leave it here if i'd like this to become a help page?

advice is what i really need.

spook


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 7

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

I'm working on a project called the New Researchers' Centre. Why not have it as an Entry over there?

Whoami? smiley - cake


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 8

spook

maybe. could u tell em about your project ie what it is for what it says etc?

spook


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 9

a girl called Ben

smiley - footprints


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 10

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

It's an area created specially for New Researchers to help them get to grips with h2g2 in an environment that is theirs - not cluttering up the Review Forums etc. It will hopefully provide step-by-step guides, Entries, links and Collaborative Entries to keep them busy - and will hopefully be frequented by some of the volunteers to help answer questions.

Whoami? smiley - cake


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 11

spook

sounds interesting. u don't by any chance now a good place to post a message to the edss where i could go to talk to them about this do u?

spook


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 12

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

I'm building it - the Italics aren't that involved yet...

Check U194242

Whoami? smiley - cake


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 13

Dr Hell



H

smiley - footprints


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 14

Whisky

Hi Spook,

What's happening with this one? Are you still trying to get it through PR or is it heading for Whoami?'s project...


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 15

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

smiley - huhsmiley - cake


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 16

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

i want 2 see this in the Guide, "as-is" as much as possible, especially with the list of 42 things to do intact smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - rofl
smiley - towelNerd42


A698934 - Surviving Problems with H2G2

Post 17

Mina


Key: Complain about this post