A Conversation for The Chaps Club

I say, Busters profile!!

Post 1

Busterbone

Squadron Commander "Busters" Busterbone served with distinction in WWI leading his famed "Black Jacket" squadron on innumerable raids over enemy territory in their Sopwith Pups. Busters had 78 confirmed kills of which at least 60 were enemy planes.

Shot down over the Rhine he spent the last 12 months of the war in a POW camp escaping on 15 occassions but always being captured again at some local pub.

After the war, with his eyesight failing, Busters was forbidden to fly. A heartbroken Busters spent 18 months in a "Depression Alleviation Facility" i.e a lunatic asylum before coming up with the idea that would spark a renewed interest in life - Elephant Polo.

The game, played like Polo, but with elephants rather than horses and with shotguns rather than mallets (and with a nimble servant as a target) took off all over the world realising a valuable source of income for the mostly demented Busters.

He spends most of his time in the Chaps club, writing articles for Elephant Polo Weekly, drinking and reminiscing about his days as a pilot.

And waiting........ for his country to call on him again.......to once again to lead his squadron into the air against the foe (whoever that may be)

And when that call comes he knows that he, his plane, and his elephants will be ready.

NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS

First man to land a plan on a boat. Unfortunately the boat was a canoe

FAVOURITE DRINK

Black Jacket Scotch

FAVOURITE PASTIME

Giving a damn good shooting to things that need a damn good shooting


I say, Busters profile!!

Post 2

Red (and a bit grey) Dog


smiley - oksmiley - winkeye sorted !


I say, Busters profile!!

Post 3

Red (and a bit grey) Dog


I say Busters - news at A694532 by God !


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more