A Conversation for Old Announcements: January - September 2011

This thread has been closed

21 May 2004: DNA 2.20 Upgrade Scheduled for 24 May 2004

Post 41

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Now that would be something...


21 May 2004: DNA 2.20 Upgrade Scheduled for 24 May 2004

Post 42

Frankie Roberto

"I don't see the Friends list as a tool for bookmarking people you want to read"

But that's just what it is, and always was. The functionality to subscribe to a journal always existed. It was only later that this was re-badged as a friends tool.

As I said above, friendship doesn't have to be reciprocal, and I don't think this is implied on this site (though if you think it is, you could suggest some tweaks).

Ultimately, no matter how intimate you may feel this site to be, it is a public site, anyone can read it, and anyone (who follows the houserules) can post to it. Yes, you could make it slightly more difficult for people to read other people's journals, but I don't think this would be effective, and is at the expense of removing functionality.

Would you want to be able to stop certain people from subscribing to your community pages/clubs? Maybe you might, but I don't think this would contribute to the openess of the site.

Frankie
P.S The previous thread is here: F47999?thread=338412


21 May 2004: DNA 2.20 Upgrade Scheduled for 24 May 2004

Post 43

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

I wouldn't mind getting a few hootoo stalkers it would make me look more popular smiley - evilgrin!


21 May 2004: DNA 2.20 Upgrade Scheduled for 24 May 2004

Post 44

Researcher 178815

Are you sure you wouldn't mind more Friends instead, FB? smiley - winkeye
I've experienced both. And I have to say I prefer to have friends. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more