A Conversation for Talking Point: 11 September, 2001

What next?

Post 681

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

praps you need glasses, or to remove that wool.

alec.


What next?

Post 682

Mycroft

Bran, I agree entirely about being careful, but if there's another attack of any kind on US citizens during this contemplative phase the outlook is going to be very bleak indeed.

176645, the reason why the Taliban offer has been rejected is because it doesn't resolve anything. They are simply saying that they're prepared to ask him to leave the country voluntarily. If he says no then nothing changes, and even if he says yes, he can just head for the Iranian border, but either way he remains at large.


What next?

Post 683

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

It was a speech carefully crafted by the best speechwriters to say absolutely nothing, while stirring up the audience into a patriotic fervor. The usual.

One thing that was promising is that the Bush administration seems to realize the significance of Afghanistan's poverty, and its hardships under the Taliban rule. It sounded to me as if they didn't want to just rush in there and start throwing bombs; it really looks as if most of this war will be fought behind the scenes.


What next?

Post 684

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

...what george bush said this evening to the taleban, was that we want the entire organisation delivered to us.
(this is called cooperation)
Anything less is not acceptable.

Not just o bin l but all the lieutenants and camels too.
and access to all training camps.

what george also said was : if you are not with us, you are against us and will be treated accordingly.

So...your call loony.

alec.


What next?

Post 685

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Helengrad (NZ), being a integral part of the Echelon spy network - with Britain, the USA, Canada and Australia - has always been with the Septics.

As some clowns used to say during the Vietnam War. "All The Way With LBJ"


What next?

Post 686

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

..not this clown...

alecsmiley - clown


What next?

Post 687

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

...btw loony, can you explain to the world exactly what you have AGAINST catching this guy and his organisation, and making it difficult for them to operate ?...( try and explain this in the light of what happened to members of at least 300 separate nations, of many differing faiths last tuesday ).

alec. smiley - clown


What next?

Post 688

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

QUESTION :

Osama bin L, Muammar Ghaddafi, Saddam Hussein and Gerry Adams are all in the same car...

Who is Driving ?

ANSWER : A New York Policeman.

alec.smiley - clown


What next?

Post 689

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Alec, please don't try and put words in my mouth.

As a person who has twice narrowly escaped being killed/maimed by terrorists (Munich 72 & London 75) I want these killers to be caught as much as the next person.

I also believe Dubya is part of the problem not the solution. The sooner the UN Security Council takes the lead in co-ordinating a viable plan to apprehend the culprits the better.


What next?

Post 690

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

*i* would like to hear real words coming from you.

do you mean the sort of leadership we had from the U.N. in 90 ?

or 91 ?

how 'bout 92...

how 'bout now ?

what words of leadership is the u.n. offering us at this moment in time ?

( hang on ...i've got Kurt Waldheim's cell phone no. here somewhere)

alec.


What next?

Post 691

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Wise words about Dubya's speech posted by a female American at Lil's h2g2 Atelier

I wish he hadn't claimed that they hate us because of our freedom. While that may be partially correct I am sure there are many, many more reasons, and it makes us look elitist (which, I think, is another reason they hate us anyway).

I wish he didn't seem so rip-roarin' to get into armed conflict.

I wish he hadn't used the metaphore "..the unmarked grave of discarded lies."


What next?

Post 692

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

...well ?

alecsmiley - clown


What next?

Post 693

153745

Well what, man?

Do you want Loony to explain that one as well?

I don't mean to be a jerk by saying this, but honestly now, I'm sure Loony is a brilliant interpreter, but don't you think you ought to figure some of these out on your own?


What next?

Post 694

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

...well... you go check out posting # 425 @ lils, i just did...


well ?

alec.smiley - clown


What next?

Post 695

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

"At nearly 191cm tall, New Zealander Alan Beaven would have led the charge to overpower terrorists who hijacked a United Airlines Boeing 757 last week, his distraught wife said yesterday."

Alec, you may have noticed Mrs Beaven was the lady who got a standing ovation during Dubya's speech.

Her husband was on the plane that crashed prior to reaching its target. It was nice to see a Kiwi hero rightly acknowledged.


What next?

Post 696

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Alec, you may be interested to learn the 17-year-old American girl who made post 425 at Lil's has just returned from spending six months in Israel.


What next?

Post 697

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

...except that his name is 'Beamer' and yes, there was Mrs Beamer.

i would throw away that old tv loony, i suspect that it gives you false information. Check the appartment for sheep first though.

alec.smiley - clown


What next?

Post 698

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Ooops my mistake. Obviously Todd Beamer was one of the other heroes alongside Alan Beaven.


What next?

Post 699

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

.


What next?

Post 700

Whisky


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more