A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Private Conversation between the Captain and Sarah

Post 1

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*leaning in, speaking softly in his ear* My love, I have a secret that I must disclose to you. It is somewhat fantastical, but no more so than anything else you have learned this evening. In fact, it may go far to explain some of the events that have occured. My family line - traced through my mother, and her mother through the ages - is descended from the protectors of that mythical, yet wholy real, land of Atlantis. I am the last member of an order called the White Priesthood. The cross that you gave me *here she clutches her hand to her bosum* now also contains an artifact called the Soul Stone. This stone contains in it all the power of ancient Atlantis. It was my duty to guard it until my daughter - our daughter - reached the age of thirteen, when I would hand the responsibility over to her.

*pauses, glancing at Lizzie sitting by the door with the cat. closes her eyes for a moment, then begins to whisper in his ear again* It was a source of nightmares and constant worry to me until I met you, Benjamin. But when we were wed, I knew that it had no power over me for I had met my soulmate. *smiles sweetly* But when Lizzie was born, I was reminded of my responsibilities. I could not do to her what had been done to me! So, two days ago, I ordered the Soul Stone to release its power - the one ability that was passed down to me through the ages - and I cast it into the sea. Somehow - and I am not sure how - it called to Uli and she returned it to me.

*pauses again. sits back to see the effect of her words on her husband. seems to steel herself, then leans back in again. this time her words are touched with worry and the slightest hint of tears* Benjamin, the Soul Stone will explode with all the force of Atlantis in less than one hour's time. I have a plan to remove it from the ship, but it may be dangerous. I need to know that I have your support before I will do anything. You are my strength and I need you by my side, my beloved.

*sits back, puts a hand on each of his cheeks and gazes into his eyes* I love you and I rely on you. Will you help me?


Key: Complain about this post

Private Conversation between the Captain and Sarah

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more