A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Private thread between the Captain and Sarah Briggs

Post 1

Babel17

*takes her arm and strolls to their cabin via the far side of the deck to look at the sea for a while, out of earshot*
My darling Sarah. I have hardly had 5 minutes with you since this afternoon. How is Lizzie?, and what of the native woman? I don't know what to do with them all. I need to find out from Richardson what he has found from the Castaway, they seem to be friendly, but I have not had a moment to find out anything about them, tell me all you know, if you can.


Private thread between the Captain and Sarah Briggs

Post 2

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

It is good to get a chance to talk with you, Benjamin. So much has happened today and I have missed our chats. *squeezes his arm and smiles up at him*

Lizzie seems to be feeling much better. She is a little quieter than normal, but we've been talking and she seems to be returning to normal. She's dreadfully fond of that cat, though. I'm still not terribly fond of it, but if it makes Lizzie happy, then I'm willing to put up with it and even be kind to it.

One strange thing, though. I've heard several people talking to the cat. I've even found myself doing it to a certain extent, but others do it as if expecting a response...

Uli - which I have found out is the native woman's name - is a very interesting person. It turns out that she is capable of speaking English, so we had a nice discussion. Perhaps she was too intimidated by the thought of talking to a Captain to respond to you. She says that she is from the "Great Ice" and that she fell asleep in her canoe. When she awoke, she found herself here.

Miss Rangel, the stowaway, seems to be a very odd woman. She appears to have problems remembering where she is from and where she has been. I tried to tell us more, hoping o gain some insight, but wasn't able to do so, I fear. If you truly want me to I will go speak to... Mr Richardson about her. It will take me some time to track him down, though.

There is one thing that concerns me greatly. I found Mr Gillings in our cabin earlier, speaking with Lizzie. He was asking about my pendant. *fumbles at her bare neck* Unfortunately - or perhaps in this case fortunately - it fell off this morning and I haven't been able to find it. Lizzie was sweet and volunteered to help look for it, taking the cat along of course, but none of us have had any luck, I fear.

And what of yourself, Benjamin? Have you seen or heard anything unusual happening?

*gazes into her husband's eyes, glad to be able to tell him these things*


Private thread between the Captain and Sarah Briggs

Post 3

Babel17

*gazes back with deep intensity*
Darling, thank you. You are my eyes and ears when I cannot see and hear. I am so glad Lizzie is better, but that cat. Sometimes I despair. *laughs lightly* But for Lizzies sake I shall be civil to it.

Uli is indeed a strange one. for example she demands to see the captain and then jabbers at me in her strange language. Perhaps you could put in a word for me my dear, you know, smooth things over. I fear we got off on the wrong footing. She seems to respond to you.
Did you manage to search her? I know I asked before, but we cannot be sure she isn't carrying any hidden weapons. I have to protect you and Lizzie. Try and persuade her to take a bath or somesuch. You will know best. You know I am a bumbling fool when it comes to other women.
*sheepish grin*

Leave Richardson to me, my dear, I shall find out about this Miss Rangel. But tell me why do you avoid Albert so? Has something happened I should know about? Or is it just my silly mind playing tricks. He is a good man and as you are my eyes and ears he is my hands, I cannot do with out him. He is a boon to me.

Gillings? Really? Hmm, keep an eye on him and tell me if anything else happens. But your pendant? The one I gave you? We must look for it again soon, perhaps it is in our cabin but you as yet have not found it.

I must make arrangements for you ladies to stay together, in our cabin, I fear. I shall bunk down in Mr. Richardson's cabin. I cannot have people just staying willy nilly on this vessel.

I haven't much more to say for now on other matters. Apart from Martens is acting up again, seeing things and hearing voices, he says. I know somebody has alcohol aboard this ship. I have smelt it often enough on his breath, but I cannot accuse the man without evidence. smiley - sigh Come lets go to the cabin and talk some more, and see if we cannot locate your pendant, perhaps we might get a minute or two alone.
*takes her hand and squeezes it lightly as he leads her off to their cabin*


Private thread between the Captain and Sarah Briggs

Post 4

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*follows Benjamin smiling*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more