A Conversation for Zork - More Than You Ever Wanted To Know

Website?

Post 1

GodHand

What exacty is the Website for this Zork Community? I am a avid Zork player, and I have never found any good Zork Websites SO, what is it?


Website?

Post 2

Afgncaap5

Unfortunately, two of the three best Zork websites (The Zork Library and The Big Zork Page) are currently missing in action. The pages have vanished and the makers of those pages have dropped out of existence, for some reason.

The best other Zork site would be Stefano Canali's Frobozzco International website. Poor Stefano hasn't been able to update in a while, but it's still got some pretty decent stuff, as long as you don't mind the slight grammatical errors he made (he has to translate everything from Italian).

Barring that, there's a great amount of Infocom pages and Text Adventure pages that you can visit to help get a Zork fix. But if you want Zork, just hang on for a second while I try to find the URL for Stefano's Page....not been there in a while myself....


Website?

Post 3

GodHand

Ok thanks... currently looking for Zork Sites my Self... BTW, I sighned the Peition( Keaghan). I wish they made a Zork move. Hopefully, it wouldn't be one of those lame game movies that really sucks ( such as Tomb Raider ).I'll acully make a topic about this: Make a Zork Moive!


Website?

Post 4

Afgncaap5

The odds of a Zork movie actually meeting up to standards aren't very good, I'm afraid. Threshold Entertainment was talking about basing it on Zork Nemesis. ZN is a pretty good game, but it's just not a very good representation of what Zork is.


Double Fanucci

Post 5

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

I am currently working on a "Double Fanucci" card game with normal cards that is as much like the original as possible. If anyone knows where I can find the book "How to Win at Double Fanucci." rumored to be written by someone at Infocom, I would be very thankful.

I've beat the Zork Trilogy, ZTUU, and I'm working on Zork Zero right now. Zork rules!


Double Fanucci

Post 6

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

Ya know what? that was my first post ever!
i've been looking up my really old posts.
smiley - towelNerd42


Double Fanucci

Post 7

Afgncaap5

Cool! That's always fun to see your older posts. Just last night I found a bit of a discussion on holistic detecting....good times....

As for Double Fannucci, I don't think anyone ever wrote an entire book. The only concrete rule in that game is "Three undertrumps after an opponents discard of a trebled fromp is an indefensible gambit," or something. The other rules change based on extremely hard to detect circumstances such as time of day, a person's hair color, and whether or not a pipe organ can be heard in the back ground.

Oh, and there's another rule about having to replay a game if any player manages to get over a certain amount of points. I forget the exact number, though.


Double Fanucci

Post 8

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

1024 I think it was.
since I posted that, I've done lots and lots of research on double fanucci.
I've been playing double fanucci in zork zero, and I can confirm that the rules don't have to do with the time, except for use as a seed.... I can confirm that the rules are completely random every time.
"How to Win at Double Fanucci" was from one of the new 3D graphical games and it said to use a magic spell to tie your opponent's hands.
smiley - towelNerd42


Double Fanucci

Post 9

Afgncaap5

Ah, one of the later Activision releases, eh?

And besides, how do *you* know that they don't change based on the time of day? Zork Zero all takes place during relatively the same time of day.smiley - silly

But seriously though, to create a Double Fannucci that's realistic in regards to the rest of the Zork Universe would take quite some time. If I recall, the unabridged rule book is longer than the unabridged version of the Encyclopedia Frobozzica.

You'd be better off trying to create a version of Gabber Tumper.smiley - winkeye


Double Fanucci

Post 10

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

You know, I actually went and wrote a revised abridged Doulbe Fanucci rulebook that explains how to play a fanucci-like game with normal playing cards, complete with explanations of all the plays and excerts from the encyclopedia frobozzica about what they had to do with in the zork universe (ie, eugrith convention had the entry about eugrith)
smiley - towelNerd42


Double Fanucci

Post 11

Afgncaap5

Just name it Gabber Tumper. At least,....I think that's it. Look up Gabber Tumper in the Encyclopedia Frobozzica. It's like an abridged version of Fanuccii.

Wait, I've got an Encyclopedia, I'll do it....

Okay, here it is....

"Gabber Tumper is a corrupt and simplified form of Double Fannucci, popular in taverns, and frequently played for stakes."

Aside from why and where it's played, it sounds like you've got Gabber Tumper there.


Double Fanucci

Post 12

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

OK.... though I don't like that name.
smiley - towelNerd42


Key: Complain about this post