A Conversation for H2G2 Weight Losers

Saturday weight loss here

Post 141

You can call me TC

Where do you find a WHOLE HOUR just to walk? I'd probably run to get it over quicker. I just think of all the ironing I could be getting done, or cooking or whatever else needs doing at the moment. And never gets done. My 8 minute bike ride to work will have to do.


Saturday weight loss here

Post 142

Titania (gone for lunch)

Well, at the WW-class we got this question once:

Do you watch TV? (and I mean only watch, without doing something else at the same time) Do you watch any series, soaps, films, documentaries? Do you sit down in front of the TV and then end up just watching it passively, not because you really, really want to see specifically whatever they're showing right now?

If so, then you need to make a priority - which is more important to you right now? Exercise or TV? If you can find the time to sit down in front of your TV, then you can find the time for exercise.

Note - I'm not saying everyone *has* time to idle away just watching TV...


Saturday weight loss here

Post 143

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

Similar thing - I walk in my lunch hour. I used to only take 1/2 lunches, now I make sure I take my full hour. It only takes a little while to eat, no need to sit in the canteen for an hour, so do 40 minutes walking which leaves me 20 minutes to eat, which is plenty of time really. smiley - erm! smiley - biggrin

Weigh in tonight... smiley - erm

Queegle
smiley - planet


Saturday weight loss here

Post 144

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

Last week my weigh in showed I had put on 2.5 kgs in a month. So my goal this week was to lose at least 1kg of that! My husband has bought me some long-coveted DVDs (Buffy series 1 through 5!) So there is a condition attached to me actually getting them - for each series, I need to lose 3kgs. I think this is quite a good aim, as 3kg is not too much, but not too nominal either. So cross your fingers for me this Saturday!

By the way, the weather has cleared into our marvellous clear, crisp winter days here in Sydney. Memories of drenched streets are quickly fading, but I haven't been running as often this week (ironic, isn't it?)


Saturday weight loss here

Post 145

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

That's a good incentive Tash! You can daydream of Spike while you're running! smiley - biggrin

I forgot to post my weigh-in.... I'd put on 3lb smiley - yikes I didn't feel any lighter, in fact felt heavier. And I'd had a burger and chips on top of my pub meal, plus beer, wine and crisps smiley - blush And hadn't been out walking as much. smiley - space Just goes to show.. gotta keep hard at it *sigh*

Mind you, fell ill on Friday so have been in bed smiley - ill the whole weekend. In work today but going home soonish. Being poorly means I've lost my appetite, so I've hardly had anything to eat all weekend, haven't had anything yet today, just not hungry. So I may end up losing that 3lb!

Another plus side to being ill - I haven't had a fag since Sunday morning smiley - wow which is cool but now I've got NOTHING to comfort me if I feel down smiley - erm


Saturday weight loss here

Post 146

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

Had weigh in last night - I'd lost 3.5lb smiley - smileysmiley - spaceObviously mainly due to not eating, but at least I'm going in the right direction again! smiley - ok

I miss fags, really don't like not smoking smiley - sadface


Saturday weight loss here

Post 147

You can call me TC

Jolly good, Queegle.

No I don't watch TV - I'm not sure I could find it for the dust at the moment. Work just devours all my time and energy. I am trying to force myself to knock off earlier, delegate more etc - but the job is badly designed- too many phone calls coming in - like 6 - 10 following straight on from one another - and each one involves doing something about it - taking a further 10 minutes - and it all gets in the way of the daily work.

I mostly walk or bike to work but that takes 20 or 10 minutes respectively, and I can hardly do serious hard walking to arrive at the office all red in the face. I use that walking time to learn languages with my personal stereo anyway.

When I get home I'm so knackered I usually go to bed and sometimes even sleep for an hour. Then there's the family to feed or choir practice to go to.

At the weekends I have to catch up on the housework, and they're not long enough for that.

So when do I walk? I can't afford to give up work, and the housework's got to be done. My only recreation (and sport) is singing, and if I gave that up it would give me nothing to live for. If I was advising myself, I would say it's a question of organisation. No problem - I sit over breakfast and write plans for the day, working out how long I need for what and what I can do when. Which I find so exhausting, I have to go back to bed again afterwards, so that puts the planning out for a start.

My only hope is diet, but there's never really time to eat anything anyway, so there's not much I can cut back on there either.

Somebody stop this life, I want to get off.


Saturday weight loss here

Post 148

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

Awww Trill smiley - hug

Sounds like you're having a day

smiley - cheerup


Saturday weight loss here

Post 149

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

smiley - hug and no-fat virtual smiley - cheesecake

You'll get there eventually just doing what you are doing - no sense making yourself miserable in trying to cram too much into your life.

My new job (how long do I get to call it that - it has been nearly 6 months!) means that on days when I am teaching I am exhausted and don't have the time or energy to spend another hour or so in the gym (looking forward to moving so I don't have several hours of commute each day - that'll help) but I still try to take 10-20 minutes out each evening to do a couple of sections of my yoga video. I don't get too hot and sweaty, makes me feel all stretched and relaxed, and gets me ready for bed. As it really doesn't take long (and seems to be having a positive effect) maybe you could give that a try? A bit of toning can do wonders for your looks without having to lose a lot of weight.

Sorry, came over a bit evangelical there - but I can't help it, I just want to tell everyone to give it a go! I have got my mum doing it with me in the week and even have my boyfriend doing it a weekends to give him a good stretch smiley - biggrin

smiley - cuddle


Saturday weight loss here

Post 150

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

I keep hearing about Yoga. Madonna and Kylie reckon it's the best way to go and their bodies definitely testify to that! smiley - biggrin Toned rather than just skinny, that's what I want! smiley - ok

would you recommend a particular vid Kelli? I may have to invest!
Also, how much room do you need? smiley - huh Sounds like a daft question I know but I'll only be doing it in my bedroom - I don't fancy pansying about in the kitchen/living room while the blokes are cooking their dinner smiley - blush


Saturday weight loss here

Post 151

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I'd recommend the one Abi recommended to me - Barbara Curries 7 Secrets of Yoga. Bab's is nice (we found out that she is 60 - you can't tell), the vid (I have it on dvd) is divided up into 10 minute sections so you can choose what to do, and has very clear instructions for both the beginners ("remember, never strain") and advanced levels of the exercises. It really does make me feel all good and flexible, am really loving it! smiley - ok

I can only sit in awe as Bab's does the head-balancing bit at the end smiley - zen


Saturday weight loss here

Post 152

Titania (gone for lunch)

I didn't go to the weigh-in last week, because my body was hoarding water again (to body: will you stop that!smiley - cross) - so when I went there yesterday, it was two weeks ago since I had last been there - and I lost a lousy -0.2 kg (0.4 lbs)!smiley - steam Bah! Pah! Blah!

*sulks, but on the other hand really motivated this time to get a better result at next weigh-in*


Saturday weight loss here

Post 153

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

and losing anything is better than putting it on smiley - ok

Thanks for the Barbara Currie tip Kelli, I'll have a butchers in the shops this weekend smiley - ta


Saturday weight loss here

Post 154

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

It's funny how you I forget to post when I've put weight on smiley - erm or perhaps not so funny

I'd put on 0.5lb smiley - sadface which means that I've not really lost anything over the last 3 weeks smiley - crosssmiley - space mind you, been awfully poorly so have been more concerned with that, so I'm not gonna beat meself up about it.

Back on the bandwagon! smiley - biggrinsmiley - ermsmiley - biggrin


Saturday weight loss here

Post 155

Titania (gone for lunch)

That's the right spirit!smiley - ok No use brooding, put it all behind you!smiley - smiley


Saturday weight loss here

Post 156

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

smiley - ermlots of smiley - ale at the weekend smiley - erm wonder how many calories are in John Smiths and Carling smiley - ermsmiley - blush

smiley - ale


Saturday weight loss here

Post 157

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

I'd lost 3lb! smiley - wowsmiley - space But, I'd not had dinner before I went out, whereas I usually have a light meal, so I don't consider it an absolutely accurate representation, but I still would've been doing down, which is in the right direction! smiley - oksmiley - biggrin

Had KFC last night though as I was rather smiley - drunk, and now I've got post drinking munchies smiley - ermsmiley - biggrin


Saturday weight loss here

Post 158

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hey! Well done!smiley - ok See - it wasn't such a diseaster after all!smiley - smiley I find it never is if you just tell yourself that done is done, and not let it spoil everything, but keep on trying

Haven't weighed in this week, as Monday was a holiday, so the WW was closed...

...but the new jeans I bought 2 weeks ago are already beginning to feel a bit big...

...not to mention my bras - they are growing too big very fast, and looking in my drawer I can't find any that fit perfectly, because the smaller sizes have been stretched out... ho hum, I *really* need to do some shopping!


Saturday weight loss here

Post 159

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

How cool! You just *have* to go clothes shopping! smiley - oksmiley - biggrin

Also, forgot to say, last night out drinking, I was chatting to this fella, and I'm sure one of his mates *coughed* to another mate "Bimbo" which normally may not be very nice, but it means I'm thin enough to be considered a 'Bimbo'! smiley - wow Much better than being called a fat cow! smiley - biggrin I'm now a Bimbo! smiley - space How much does that ROCK! smiley - boingsmiley - biggrin


Saturday weight loss here

Post 160

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - laugh Wohoooo!smiley - diva


Key: Complain about this post

Saturday weight loss here

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more