A Conversation for H2G2 Weight Losers

Yet another bash

Post 1

You can call me TC

This time I'm serious. My son is getting married in August and I have really ballooned over the past couple of years. I have been recommended a (German) website which gives you a plan with boxes to tick. I'm embarking on this at 78 kg, with an aim of losing 10 kg in 14 weeks.

As nothing is forbidden on the food front, I could print out the plan straight away and tick off what I'd had for breakfast (including the sneaky biscuit I dunked in my first smiley - tea)and then continue for the rest of the day. I had some frozen fish in the freezer at work and have just eaten that for lunch (heated with a pinch of salt in the microwave - quite delicious) - it counts absolutely no points on the food-count plan! I have some fruit in my drawer for when I get hungry later on.

BUT .. I have to do 6 x 10 minutes exercise.. I bike to and from work - 10 minutes each way, so that's two of the units, but what can I do for the other four? Especially as I have an evening class tonight. Maybe I'll fit some exercise in, and if I leave work punctually and walk home, pushing the bike, that'll just about do it. (Walking to work takes me 30 mins)


Yet another bash

Post 2

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Good luck! Fitting exercise into your day is always the hardest part I find. Does you plan make any allowance for how intense an exercise you do?


Yet another bash

Post 3

You can call me TC

Not for the moment. It prescribes 60 minutes of "movement". I take that to include walking, running, cycling, swimming or gymnastics.

The leaflet I have so far is just for the first week.

I've nibbled a few biscuits this afternoon, but have made my crosses in the right places.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more