A Conversation for Beer Review Page

Jenlain

Post 1

Terry Teadreg

A small brewery in the North of France produces what I think of as one of the best beers in the world (and, yes, I've tasted an awful lot of them to be able to make such a bold statement).
The brew is called Jenlain, which is also the name of the town the brewery is in. Jenlain is a so-called "Bière de Garde", meaning that you can keep it for a long time. The reasoning behind that, however, escapes me smiley - cheers! The beer is rich and malty. It has the beautiful reddish-brown colour of a good smiley - ale bitter, lots of hops and is just a trifle stronger (6% A.B.V.) than most British bitters.
These days many French supermarkets stock either 750 ml "champagne bottles" or 500 ml cans (or both). Last year, I even came across a 5 litre party can (some party that was!)

The family-run brewery, Brasserie Duyck, has a small smiley - devil-logo appropriate to their products.
Make sure you go for the "ambrée" (brown) version. They also produce a "blonde" which is not as good as the brown one.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more