A Conversation for The h2g2 Shop (Closed Until Further Notice)

Yeah, Where are The Towels???

Post 1

SilverCat

One thing I really wanted to have is a H2G2 own brand of a towel. Since I am planning to make some trips in not too far future, one thing I reallt need is a towel that will help me in moments of difficulty. Come on- how can any researcher deal with life without a reliable towel? How can you call yourself a researcher, when you don't even know where your towel is?

I hope we will be able to get some towels really soon!!
So long, and thanks for all the fish!!!

SilverCat smiley - blackcat


Yeah, Where are The Towels???

Post 2

Kain Brightblade

I wanted a h2g2 towel for a very long time. They can make the PERFECT towel for any hitchhiker! One that is decent size to lay on, absorbant enough, and even maybe be able to fold it into a pillow! Maybe give it more uses than the normal towel always had!


Yeah, Where are The Towels???

Post 3

null

We asked for towels and you gave us cake!


Yeah, Where are The Towels???

Post 4

Lord Preston

Towels, i want towels, i say you could have them dark blue with your syble (top left courner) in yellow on it, it would be so cool and it could even be some advertising for you if people took them to the beach and stuff. Oh and we want them being a decent size - i think bath sheets is the real word for them but beach towles would do.


Yeah, Where are The Towels???

Post 5

Chunky C

I agree, I would buy one.

I don't know about the advertising though, who wants to see a guide researcher on the beach (shudder).


Yeah, Where are The Towels???

Post 6

the god of love

how about h2g2 underpants


Yeah, Where are The Towels???

Post 7

Babylon the Small

I know if *I* took an h2g2 towel to the beach it would be good advertising. Plus I could give them as gifts to every friend I have who's read the books, and then they would come to the web site and write articles for the Guide. That would be neat.


Yeah, Where are The Towels???

Post 8

Ignorant Yankee

I'd really like some h2g2 socks.


What About the Towels???

Post 9

Recoil

I say we forget about the towels and concentrate on the patented H2G2 kippers


What About the Towels???

Post 10

Researcher 165700

I say kippers are a fine idea, if only I knew what to do with them....


What About the Towels???

Post 11

Beckster

I wanna towel!!!! That would be just great - my very own h2g2 towel. Wow.... smiley - silly

Ahem.

Beckster


What About the Towels???

Post 12

Tube - the being being back for the time being

Check this out:
http://www.zz9.org/merchandise/towels.html


What About the Towels???

Post 13

Solar Flare

I think the towels are a great idea but something i would really like is a goldfish bowl with "so long, and thanks for all the fish" on it. It would be opaque with the letters very faintly writen on in a different shade.
It would be our way of showing that we know what the planet is all about (not that we do but lets not be picky.)
hehe
Bex


What About the Towels???

Post 14

Lord Preston

nice idea,
i like the bowl but i still want a nice cool towel. Think about it, your lying on the beach on a h2g2 towel, enjoing the sun. when a very fat man walks past. you could run to the sea, wet the towel and chase the man hitting him with your towel and watching his breasts bounce! or if there was a sudden gust of wind you could tie a sting to the corner of your towel and use it as a kite.
I think there are so many more possibilties for the towel than the bowl. although you could use the bowl as a helmet when playing soldiers.
High Preist


Key: Complain about this post