A Conversation for The Bull Outhouse

Can anybody hear me ?

Post 81

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Situation normal, then. smiley - nahnah


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 82

Loopy Lou

OK, well here I am. Seems a bit odd a first but I'm sure I can work it out.

I've never spent much time looking at h2g2, what else is about for the (relative) novice?


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 83

woofti aka groovy gravy

variogram_girl? Do you have a mustardland identity? I can't for the life of me think who you might be.

dd x


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 84

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Hiya, vg! For starters, you might want to pop over to:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/UserDetails

...where you get the option to edit your "Nickname", and remove that underscore if you choose to. smiley - ok


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 85

Loopy Lou

Sorry, I have managed to change to my ML me, as opposed to my Ebay / geology me. Gosh this is odd!

I have been happily messing around with the "skins" (think thats right), but I think I prefer Brunel.


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 86

woofti aka groovy gravy

Peet, another question if you don't mind. yesterday I made a journal entry, and I've just made another one. In my Personal Space now there are two journal entries. Do they keep adding on? If so, if I continue to add entries, my personal space is going to get pretty big and unwieldy. What happens?

thanks

dagesh x


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 87

woofti aka groovy gravy

I've just been reading your own diary entries - was brought up short at the mention of Foresterhill - I lived in Aberdeen for 5 years - and it seems they allow about 4 or 5 to stack up and then link to the rest of them. Fine. No need to bother replying if that's how it works.

you must be fair tuckered out with all your "shepherding" of Mlers... but I for one am very grateful and I expect I speak for many more.

Thanks!

dd x


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 88

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It shows half a dozen or so, and the rest are hidden; you click a "See more entries" button to view a pagefull of titles.

Click on my name and check out my journal; it goes back almost six years. smiley - smiley


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 89

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Ya beat me to it! smiley - laugh


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 90

Loopy Lou

Hi Peet,

Thanks for the advice about changing my name. I've been mooching round ML for a few years, but due to unfriendly time zones I only have about 300 posts.

One quick question, I see there is the equivilent of the CatP button, so I guess there are moderators somewhere? Just an idle thought, and not a threat to start CatP-ing everything in sight!

Cheers, L


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 91

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Loopy-L, yup, the site is moderated 24/7. But the rules are a *lot* more relaxed than in Mustardland, so the Mods have a lot less to do.

For example, we are allowed to post URLs (so long as they aren't purely commercial) - http://c19.proboards42.com, for example, and we can post our own email address or that of any public body. ([email protected], fyi) If you post someone else's, though, it'll be edited away by the Mods.

In return for this degree of freedom, we keep a watch out for anything nasty, such as racism or "inappropriate" links. Those are Linda'd (smiley - yikes Equivalent of CatPeed... Ask me another time!) and the post is automatically hidden till the Mods have time to check it out.


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 92

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

smiley - sleepy I'm off to bed now, folks; see you in the morning. smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - runsmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - zzz


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 93

woofti aka groovy gravy

just another mindless post to remark how fascinating your life seems to be. You seem to live on the edge in ways that would give me a mental breakdown! People's lives, eh.

Fascinating also to read of times when I was also in Aberdeen - I found myself asking: what was i doing at that time (when the weather was fine, or particularly bad, etc).

You don't seem to enjoy very good health, for which I am sorry. But I hope you are OK tonight.

Goodnight

dd x


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 94

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Thanks! smiley - yawn G'night.


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 95

voicebearer

Well, I've made it here, but I really, really don't like it, I'm sorry to say, although I'm grateful to Peet and others for trying to clear the path. I may feel a bit better about it when I have a few familiar faces on my friends. Dispirited $quigsxx


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 96

Eilis

Hello, $quigs

How are you? I'll add you to my "friends".


Eilis xx


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 97

Katy Tulip

Hugs, Squirrel - want to share a cup of coffee with me while I'm sitting here absolutely savouring the peace and quiet? You too, Eilis?

Katy


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 98

Eilis

Hello, Katy. That would be lovely before I head off to do some ironing. I see you have loads of people in your friends whom I didn't even know had got there.

Don't give $quigs an animated cup of coffee whatever you do. There's probably one around here somewhere. I thought because I was using alabaster I had no access to emoticons etc but apparently I have!

Here, I've found a cup of coffee smiley - coffee

Eilis


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 99

voicebearer

Hi, Katy and Eilis.

Early morning is best for peace, isn't it?

I'm still here, though more dispirited by the minute. Thanks for the coffee; it had better be Hot Java Lava to stimulate any response! I feel like a rabbit staring into the headlights of the approaching car. I really hate it here. $qxx


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 100

Sea Nymph

Pity there's not a cutsey little picture of a load of fetid dingoes kidneys (very hitch-hiker)

I'm getting to grips with this, but I really don't think it's worth the effort.I can't see me putting up with this endless clicking between screens and having to wade through each thread just to see what the new messages are and then finding it's another cut and paste VEGAN HEART rant.It hasn't happened yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Life's too short for this.Can't really see irene playing along either.Oh well.........


Key: Complain about this post

Can anybody hear me ?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more