A Conversation for The Bull Outhouse

Threads & Mayos

Post 1

Katy Tulip

Hi all!

Following a discussion I saw yesterday in The Bull in Mustardland, I've changed my mind about removing the threads that appear in the Mustardland Mustering Station Space. That way, if you use the 'click here to see more conversations' button, you'll get a kind of mayo revealing threads that people are posting in their own spaces. Not all though - I don't think it'll show any that people have posted in anyone else's space by using the 'discuss this entry' button. If someone does reply to the 'May I muster' thread, it'll move to the top of the list in any case, so I needn't worry about missing it.

smiley - winkeye Katy smiley - rose


Threads & Mayos

Post 2

Katy Tulip



It doesn't. How frustrating.

smiley - erm Katy smiley - rose


Threads & Mayos

Post 3

H2G2 Mustardland Mustering Station

... unless I reply to any while logged in with this ID, of course, or start one up there myself.

What ho! Next time I'm plagued by mosquitos in the night, I'll do a grand tour, plonking cloakrooms in everyone threads... smiley - lighthouse

Seriously though - Peet, is there any way at all of getting a central MB on here? Like the Lockin perhaps? Isn't that a DNA system too? It would improve things no end. A the moment it feels like walking around in here in the dark, if you're lucky catching fleeting glimpses of others as they chat in a thread you happen to have appeared in.

smiley - headhurts Katy smiley - rose


Threads & Mayos

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Sorry, Katy, the Lockin is an M$N system, completely unrelated to anything the BBC has.

I've gotta restart my computer (upgrades, upgrades... smiley - yawn) - bbiab


Threads & Mayos

Post 5

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Back. Sorry, as I was typing that, a box popped up telling me I had to restart the computer.

Anyway, where was I... smiley - erm Oh, yes. smiley - doh

The only way to do what you want is to discipline everybody else to only post in one place. I don't see that happening, do you? smiley - jester

I have an idea that may help; hang on and if it works I'll post a link here.smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - run


Threads & Mayos

Post 6

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Right, if people open:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/MP1485019?show=100

in another window, that'll give them the most recent Mustardland-related conversations, as listed on the Mustering Station's conversations list. It won't show everything, but it'll definitely be better than nothing.


Threads & Mayos

Post 7

H2G2 Mustardland Mustering Station

Hi Peet!

Thanks for all the info - I'll copy and paste that link into the Mustering Station Intro, every little bit helps....

smiley - smiley Katy smiley - rose


Key: Complain about this post