A Conversation for The Bull Outhouse

Can anybody hear me ?

Post 21

maxvoltage

STG, They come free with the reply button - scroll to bottom of page if you can't see them. Just a click away.

smiley - ok


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 22

SmallTownGirl

Oh dear, I can't see them !


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 23

maxvoltage

STG, Hit the reply button and on my screen they are right under dialogue box.


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 24

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

They only appear there in the "Brunel" skin...

Other users need to hunt for their <./>Smiley</.>... smiley - biggrin


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 25

Hebe

neither can I STG (thought it was just me). Not sure why not....

Only way I've used them was when I tracked them down via something I now can't remember (FAQ, getting started or something or other).

hebe


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 26

SmallTownGirl

All that's under my "Text:" box are two boxes called Preview Message and Post Message

And then the option to Click here to return to the Conversation without saying anything.

Shall I cry now, or wait until later ?


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 27

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Hint: Click on *any* smiley... smiley - evilgrin


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 28

Sea Nymph

Peet, or whoever.

Now that some of us are sticking our noses round the door.Without looking at everybody's personal space how do you know if someone is specifically leaving messages for you? Without periodically checking this, which is a pain in the arse, how do I know if anyone has replied to me? How can I reply to an individual posting halfway up the thread and have that person know?


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 29

Sea Nymph

And why is the bloody thing running more slowly than ML?


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 30

Hebe

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself here SeaN.....

running away very quickly (just as well I can't figure out the smileys..)

hebe


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 31

SmallTownGirl

Are you auditioning for the next Grumpy Old Men series, Sean ?

Nice to see you anyway. Gotta pop off now.

See ya tomorrow [hopefully] in TB everyone.

smiley - smiley


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 32

Eilis



Hello, SeaN!!

Now tell me. How do you know anybody has replied to you in ML unless you periodically check your emails? That can be a pain in the arse, can't it?

Think positive, bro!

And I'm adding you to my friends whether you like it or not. And, I'm in "alabaster" so no access to smileys!

Eilis xxx


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 33

maxvoltage

SeaN -just posted myself a message to test.

Your inward messages are shown in My Space/My Messages.

Polly

smiley - hug - annoying aren't they


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 34

U1474383

hi there Mustardeers, just ventured to The Outhouse to see how it is all going!

[complain about this post]


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 35

Sea Nymph

Poll, as far as I can see that records messages you've posted, not any that have been posted to you.I'll retract that if I'm wrong, but we'll see.


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 36

Eilis

I've just posted to you in your "Personal Space", can you see it?

Eilis


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 37

maxvoltage

..and me


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 38

Katy Tulip

SeaN, it does give any new postings adressed to you - I've just spotted a new thread adressed to me on my Space.

Hth,

Katy


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 39

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

SeaN, there are two places you need to look, and both of them are on your Personal Space.

Assuming you're still on the default "Brunel" skin, replies to conversations you're involved in are listed under the heading "MY CONVERSATIONS" and new messages left for you specifically show up in the list titled "MY MESSAGES".


Can anybody hear me ?

Post 40

moo

I used some sort of html (had to do a bit in AS ICT so I dabble in it)

I think it was, only it won't show up in here because..um.. it won't.

Just realised, a nice feature to have would be if you could see the post you were replying to when typing the reply.


Key: Complain about this post