A Conversation for Sub-editing and the Lost Art of Rejection

Sigh...

Post 101

Grimethorpe2k1


Hey there, JTG. Long time no C. How ya doin'?

Unfortunately I'm writing on a serious smiley - musicalnote

Ironically, after finding your rejections funny, I've now been rejected myself.
Is there any way I can appeal against a sub-editor's decision?

A few of us (including you of course) spent 50 postings getting my Entry right, and apparently 2 scouts thought it was worth sending up the line.

Then the sub said it wasn't good enough. And hasn't replied to my arguments. Can I appeal and/or ask you to sub it? I'm d****d if I'm going to let all that (collective) work go to waste.

If you have time/want to, you can see the upshot at the end of the thread on Heidegger's Ultimate Question (on my Page).

Thanx,smiley - ok

Grime

Nurse! The screens! The pills!



Sigh...

Post 102

Grimethorpe2k1


Hi JTG,

It's just been explained to me by Mina, Muse of Bondage, that in fact my Entry has been removed before subbing by the editing team asa not good enough even for subbing.


Sigh...

Post 103

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

That's a shockersmiley - sadface.

Of course, I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Has Mina (or anyone else) let you know why your work was rejected? The consensus in peer review seemed to be that you had a winner. It may be possible to expedite a second trip through peer review if you can get an idea of what the editors are looking for.

JTG


Sigh...

Post 104

Grimethorpe2k1


Hi JTGsmiley - ok

The Entry was pulled out by the editors quite suddenly, on the grounds that it was too short and seemed like 'a philosophers' in-joke'. It wasn't meant to be for philosophers anyway but for anyone with an open mind. I don't like philosophy for philosophy's sake.

Mina tended to agree that it was too difficult, unfortunately.

Everybody in Peer Review (including yourself) seemed to think it was OK, especially as I incorporated everyone's help in the makeup of the Entry.

You can find the reasons and my unanswered responses in the thread attached to the article, (Post 51 or thereabouts), which is on my Home Page and called ' A626212 Heidegger's Ultimate Question'.

Thanks, and nice to see you againsmiley - cheers

Grime




Sigh...

Post 105

Grimethorpe2k1


Hi JTG,

As you know, the Editors (not a sub) chucked out my original Heidegger entry, so I've changed it to a more editor-friendly format and resubmitted to Peer Review. I'd be glad if you could join the new thread and tell me whether you still like it, (hope you do).

Thanx

Grimesmiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more