A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 121

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Try http://www.h2g2.com/A475319 next -- there's a picture of Anqa there. Does your long absence have to do with college? We missed you.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 122

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Hi Odra. Nice to see you back.

smiley - smiley

Amy the nocturnal Ant


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 123

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Oh, due to various things...

l saw the picture, Lil; 's splendid. l'll have to head over there soon.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 124

Styx the Rat

*comes up steps next to service lift carrying stuff from nest*

sniff sniff
heh heh Stud Lady finally show up after more changes!

*trots up to hearth pokes sleeping Mindspring*

Food Lady, I move. owner buddy gone, makes me sad to live next to his room. Going to Ant shop, hem, hem, you visit?

I want some ginger ale with two cherries.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 125

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*looking sadly at Styx as Matina brings over tea and ginger ale*

I know. I will visit Graphic Ants, and I hope you will come here when Amy does. You'll meet lots of new entities over in the middle of town and I hope you continue to do good things with Amy. But I will leave the rat flap in the door for you. *drinks tea to hide lump in throat*

*more briskly* Odra, It will be good to have your input and suggestions at BSEC. Will you be back for a while?


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 126

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

Hi Lil & Amy! How are you doing tonight? Just to clarify, who is Chloe again?

Hello Odra! I don't believe we've met? Lovely to make your acquaintance . . .

Just out of curiosity, not as any sort of attack smiley - smiley :

Professor, why do you choose to lead such an interesting/complex life online? I certainly understand how boring life can be while in high school--I was there recently myself, but what do you need to escape so much that you go to the energy to create such an incredible fantasy world? Mightn't such creative energy be better spent actually writing science fiction? Do the rest of you feel you create a fantasy world online, or that you're escaping anything? I feel that my online persona is pretty reflective of my real persona, except maybe that certain aspects of it are exaggerated. And what is going on with this strange, ultra-secure space station? If it's not open to anyone else, why have it on H2G2 at all? I'm confused.

Again, this is not meant to be an attack; I just want a bit of dialogue with someone who clearly has a lot going on.

wine please, matina . . .

Kathy


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 127

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Hiya Styx.
*fixes him a gingerale, and gets a refill on 'scrip cough syrup herself*

This is another part of the reason l've been away a bit. Apparently when they give you antibiotics for upper respratory infections, they like you to actually take all of them.
On the plus side, l get an extended codienated regimen...

Odra, doing her part to incite the ongoing development of treatment-resistant infections.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 128

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

well, goodbye, styx, although we've never met! see you at amy's place . . .


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 129

Styx the Rat

*listening to chick and tickling Mindspring*

heh heh heh, lots of complex fantasy worlds here. This is one.
*climbs off sloth* dunks cherry and nibbles*

Odra sick? Or just take drugs? Codeine bad choice.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 130

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Quasi simulposted...

Sick, Styx dear. Legitimately and all. Which is inconvenient when you're supposed to be doing an eight page term paper...
(Admittedly l'm better about this half of the medication than the other bit...the side effects of both are noticable, but these are more pleasant...)

Nice to meet you, Kathy.

l'm going to try to be about a bit more often, yes. Hopefully...


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 131

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

if it makes you feel (mentally) better, i am trying to write a mini-ethnography, a 20 minute oral presentation, and a 10-15 page term paper on which my grade for my art history seminar is riding. right now i am about to turn in for the night after my laundry is done--i think my attention span is shot.

hope you soon feel physically better!

*fixes tofu noodle soup for odra and hands her a fresh samantha (desperately seeking c)*

kathy


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 132

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

if it makes you feel (mentally) better, i am trying to write a mini-ethnography, a 20 minute oral presentation, and a 10-15 page term paper on which my grade for my art history seminar is riding. right now i am about to turn in for the night after my laundry is done--i think my attention span is shot.

hope you soon feel physically better!

*fixes tofu noodle soup for odra and hands her a fresh samantha (desperately seeking c)*

to edit your page, you need to scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says guide entries this researcher has contributed and click on edit. i am not terribly happy about this either.

kathy


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 133

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

CChick, the Professor is not the most complicated walking fantasy on this site. There's just one of him. Wait till you meet YK. When that happens you'll also meet Y2K, Y3K, YC and 5 or 6 others, all stage-managed in the same post by one teen researcher.

We all fall into role playing to at least some degree -- the kids seem to be better at it. And by the way, you needn't crash on the couch. Help yourself to one of the guest rooms. They all have private bath and shower.

Chloe is a small bot made of transluminyte by Afgncaap5, one of my landlords. She's therefore hard to see unless there's music playing, in which case she glows. I had Chloe made because Matina had her bot hands full just working in the kitchen and serving guests; Chloe looks after linens and towels and bathrooms, simple tasks. But Affi programmed some creativity into her and told us at the time he set her going that we could expect paintings and poetry as she settled in.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 134

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

another simulpost...
For your home page, the edit button is now upper right.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 135

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*pounces happily on the Fresh Samantha*
Splendid stuff, that. Thanks.
And good luck on the hordes of scholastics.

This new archetecture is bizarre, l agree. Thanks, though.

And Lil, school's over for me in the next week or so. l'm starting a new job as well, then, but have a break coming up and hope to get into the horse venture then, if not sooner.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 136

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Not much is happening yet. Bluebottle has been named Gnu Wrangler and I'm taking him out on one of the gentler school horses for a look at the herd. Mike said to leave Seph at the stable, so I have 2 horses to bring on, his and my new one, Rimshot. Let me know where you want Anqa to live. And whether you have any other horses to bring along.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 137

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

Upper RIGHT! Talk about counter-intuitive. Thanks for clearing up my confusion, Lil! No, I haven't met the multiple personalities yet, but I will look out for her/him/them.

I appreciate the offer of the room. It's a nice "fantasy" to have a private room somewhere and a shower that has hot water. Dorm life is difficult to say the least. Now if Matina could only do my real-world ironing . . .

Also, for me, I hang out places like Lil's Atelier, museum sites, the Association for Integrative Studies, etc.--things on-line that are pretty reflective of my real personality. That's why I was wondering about the question of fantasy life. Or perhaps I'm living more of the life I want to be living than most people? I can see where as a teenager I wasn't because of my parents, though. Maybe that's good.

*yawns, heads to a back room to take a HOT shower!*

IRL goes to iron . . .

Viva La Vie Boheme!
Kathy


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 138

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*puts on B/S "Beautiful" and wonders if Sporky will be in*

"She thought it would be fun to try photography
She thought it would be fun to try pornography
She thought it would be fun to try most anything
She was tired of sleeping..."

Cyberlife can be as real or realer than real life if you let it. Or want it. Or just don't pay attention...


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 139

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*dozes, wakes with a start, and decides the time has come for sleep --that is to say, actual sleep -- that is to say, going to bed instead of laying her head down on her desk next to the keyboard*

'S nice to be back. 'night, all.
*stops by hearth to briefly cuddle Springie*
*wanders to room*


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 140

Researcher 99947

*sporky pulls himself out of the crisper, landing on the kitchen floor with a soft, altogether squishy, thud*

Why oh why do I keep going into the linen closet?? Fresh towels aren't really THAT necessary... ho hum.

I don't miss my job at the museum at all. Damned lazy bastards. Leaving eighteen years of inventory to do in two months. ARGH!

I would open this smiley - gift, Lil *fingers the smiley - gift gingerly*, but I have a policy on opening dubious gifts that aren't c-thru...

I would participate more in this "online life" crap if it weren't for the fact that it would mostly be my own, isolated little imaginary world- which, frankly, I have in RL, so...


*Puts on B/S, "I could be dreaming" for Odra, who he has missed*

"I could be sleeping
I could be dreaming
I could have ordinary people
Visit me from town to town..."


Key: Complain about this post

26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more