A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1941

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I'm so glad to see a bit more people here smiley - smiley

I did tell you about my smiley - weird neighbour right? I had to add another installment of the story to my journal...

Because yesterday afternoon, when none of us were at home, he had played the piano, and of course there was lots of stomping, banging and knocking on his walls. smiley - ghost or hallucinations? You get to judge.

smiley - towel


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1942

SashaQ - happysad

In my flat, there's a funny floorboard that makes a sound like I've dropped something when I tread on it. I could well imagine the piano is on something similar, so when it is played it sounds like knocks against the wall and floor...

"I put on a Cyberman face mask, and when the call came through my first words were 'Mummy has been deleted'."

smiley - yikes I was surprised that your children found that hilarious, Mol - I would have been terrified, as I was worried every night that the daleks would get me... smiley - tardis

When I first used Skype on my computer, my partner laughed at the way my eyes appeared quite scary, as the light was behind me smiley - cool whereas she used her laptop and sat facing the light so she looked just herself smiley - loveblush


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1943

Pastey

I'm glad are neighbours are okay.

End of last week I had a couple of blokes 'round to the brewery (in the garage) to do a brew day with me and record a podcast about the brewery, my views on different aspects of the beer industry and to taste and talk about the beers.

Because my brew days are so organised though (it *is* only nine gallons) we were mashed in by half eight and able to sit down in the back yard, in glorious sunshine, having a few beers, as the neighbours were heading out to work smiley - laugh


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1944

Mol - on the new tablet

Sasha, a few years earlier I wouldn't have been able to do it. When we visited the Space Centre when Osh was 2 or 3, the Dalek Builders' Guild were there - ie, the place was crawling with Daleks - and he was absolutely terrified. (The rest of us loved it - the Daleks charged about screeching 'photo-opportunity detected!' and were generally very funny).

Right, back to work. I had a bit of a meltdown on Tuesday - I think the result of a long period of stress while my father-in-law was ill (the funeral is a week today). But I didn't randomly burst into tears at all yesterday so I think I'm OK now.

Mol


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1945

Santragenius V

Travel and stuff has meant that I haven't started my biking season yet smiley - sadface


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1946

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

A few days ago I was wondering about the practicalities (and safety) of some sort of adult tricycle with space for shopping and both the boys on it. I came to the conclusion that if such a thing existed it would likely be prohibitavely expensive, and that me cycling is all well and good, but doing so with the boys in tow is not a sensible idea.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1947

Bald Bloke

[Grumpy old bloke mode]
They exist, I nearly got mown down by one, on the pavement, presumably on her way to pick up her little dears from the primary school across the road.
[/Grumpy old bloke mode]

Other than that I'm fine and the weather is nice, would buy a bike myself but nowhere to keep it.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1948

Pastey

Trikes are becoming more popular around here with courior/delivery companies, yet only o e of them doesn't ride on the pavement.

And he's the guy with tattoos and a mohecan. The ones in posh uniforms are a bleeding nuscience.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1949

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

A received her driving learner's permit today. She needs to go a little easier on the brakes.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1950

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Better a heavy foot on the brakes than on the gas, I suppose...


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1951

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope... She is not driving. It's not true. I refuse to believe that. I WAS THERE WHEN SHE WAS BORN (well, you know what I mean).


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1952

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Mini - there are a lot of cargo bikes around here, Christiania is a popular brand, so is Nihola, and there's a Swedish brand called just Cargobike. I think all of those have a box at the front supported by 2 wheels, and then the driver pedals the back wheel, if you see what I mean... The cargo box holds kids and shopping.

And kids growing up? My big baby has moved out. My little baby is almost 17. Which is odd, I still believe I'm 28.
smiley - towel


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1953

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Oh I'm well aware that cargo bikes and adult trikes etc do exist. I remember Kelli looking when her boys were much younger. Its more the safety aspect of being legally blind, but using the public highway.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1954

Bluebottle

I know how you feel, Milla. I don't feel like I've changed since I was about 8, but I suppose I must have.

<BB<


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1955

Santragenius V

So we're the same age, Milla? smiley - tongueout 28 and some months...


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1956

Bluebottle

I generally assume that everyone is exactly the same age as me unless it is blatantly obvious they're not...

<BB<


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1957

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Some, Santra. Some. And yes, we did seem to be pretty much same age, I thought when we actually met (Whoop Whoop!) recently.

smiley - towel


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1958

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

28, not quite yet. I'm 27 next month though.

Bit of a random question. But do I tend to get the social aspect of here "wrong"?

Its just that I'm realising just how socially inept I am out in the 'real' world and wondered if I do the same online.


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1959

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I wouldn't know smiley - biggrin I'm often at a loss in the world of social conversation.

smiley - towel


109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1960

Pastey

You're both fine, don't worry smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more