A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2161

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Will be voting in a while.

Have found my gown for the party:

http://www.thedarkangel.co.uk/catalogue3.php?p=84


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2162

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

The only thing I don't like about that website is the limited choice of fabrics, but I will shortly be buying some skirts from them as having something made to measure for that price is amazing, and it would be incredible to have a pencil skirt for work that fits on both my hips and waist.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2163

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Another sloooow smiley - simpost - I meant Ben's link rather than Mag's one.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2164

Mrs Zen

I felt the same way about the limited choice of fabrics, Kelli, (and about the idea of pencil skirts that fit) but in fact I'll only buy one or two items from them, so I don't think the limited choice matters that much.

B


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2165

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Harrrump...tried to design my vamp gear but just getting code, back to original plan, Scotch Drag.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2166

Rosemary - reincarnated courtesy of BBCiD

Voting is on the to-do list for this evening, when G gets home.

I agree about the studious avoidance of the election on Auntie apart from the facts that there are 649 constituencies voting, and one of the Yorkshire ones has to wait until the end of the month as a candidate unfortunately died.

The Today newspaper review at 6 was "The papers are all covering the election and exhorting you to vote for their favourite. We've found a story about Naomi Campbell, reviewing the back page would be easier today.' At least they put the 10 past 8 political interview slot to good use: they were grilling the head of BP.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2167

Z

I went to vote at 7.15 am and they didn't have me on the list. IN fact they didn't have anyone on our street after no 21, when our street goes up to 34.

They looked blankly at me, and said there was nothing they could do. I didn't have a poll card, (registered too late) so I couldn't show them that I was registered. I had got a letter saying I was registered.

I've just got a groveling apology from the returning officer and an assurance that if I go and vote again they will have the list. They hadn't got the full piece of paper ready.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2168

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ben's post (2152) has been reinstated - it was most likely referred to the Italics

Sunny and warm here, but I'm going to be selfish and keep it all myself, sorry.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2169

Z

The weird thing about this office is that everyone seems a lot more politically engaged in the process than most places I've worked.

That said - a general election is the ultimate dataset, and we like data.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2170

Mrs Zen

smiley - laugh That probably is it. Though you have been MTASed since the last election and we've all been credit crunched.

I am trying to make up my mind between bundling the tv into the car and poddling up the motorways now and getting to ours at about 6:00 vs studying for two or three hours and getting there at about 8:00 or 9:00. I think I'll do it sooner rather than later. I'm full of head cold goddam it, and don't feel very clever.

Ben

PS - very sweet email from the eds about the link, just an over-protective mod under a lot of pressure which is fairy nuff.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2171

Phil

I'm sure the mods (hello mods) are probably under instructions to remove any content deemed unsuitable for today even more than other days.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2172

Bluebottle

I'll be voting when I get home. They didn't open until 7am.

So David B, tell me more about this hedgehog!

<BB<


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2173

Rosemary - reincarnated courtesy of BBCiD

At least they've apologised. smiley - smiley

Yes, Aunty has got a lot on her plate today to maintain impartiality.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2174

Z

I love the independence of news on election day..


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2175

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Morning all.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2176

FG

This is a very exciting day, even to your cousins across the pond. The election was one of the lead stories on NPR this morning.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2177

Z

Really? I would have assumed it had no consequence at all..


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2178

Hypatia

Nary a word about the election in my local rag. But we seldom get international news stories. So many more important things, like the size of Farmer Jones turnips.

My day is going to be incredibly busy. I'll see you all tomorow.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2179

Titania (gone for lunch)

Happy birthday Hyp!smiley - bubbly


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2180

Bagpuss

Many happy returns, Hyp.

Z - You won't be the only British Salonista not voting. Apparently I'm not registered. I'm pretty sure we sent off the form in September, but I should have realised we didn't get a letter to say we were registered.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more